Author Topic: Key Issue  (Read 1315 times)

Hi, I've been playing blockland for a while my BLID is 34066 and it has been a few months since I've played the game. Today I tried to load up the game but it doesn't validate my key. I put in my alt key and it worked but my main account didn't.

did you keyshare or something? sounds like its deactivated

your key gets auto deactivated if its used to run two clients on different ips far from each other at the same time, iirc. doesnt apply to dedicated servers though

I've never given my key to anyone, I have used it on my laptop before and I might have been on vacation or away from my house. If this is the case is there a way to get it back or is it all gone?

It's probably not deactivated.

When you try to put it in, does it say "Validating Key" for a while / doesn't stop?

When you try to put it in, does it say "Validating Key" for a while / doesn't stop?

This is exactly what happens.

Is your alt a steam account?

The validating key thing can be caused by multiple reasons, such as firewalls, issues with your internet, have even seen people say it was caused by a problem with their computer and restarting fixed it. Though these are probably unlikely seeing as your alt worked.

Through a quick skim of other topics about this issue, the problem seems to fix itself after a bit, or at least people don't continue asking for help on it. Best I could give you is to check to see your firewall isn't blocking Blockland and maybe try again after a few days.

Someone more knowledgeable about key validation can explain this better than I can hopefully.

This is exactly what happens.
Looks like you are not the only one with this issue. But, I believe I fixed it. Deleting cache.db in your Blockland folder fixes the problem. The validating issue finally vanished when I did that.

If you are running non-steam Blockland, cache.db is located in your Documents/Blockland directory.
Steam - Computer/OC (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Blockland/

Before I deleted cache.db, I had to always re-insert my authentication key multiple times and it fixes the problem, but I had to do that every day.

Try the first step, if it doesn't work then resort to the second step.

and if that doesn't work, then listen to what Blockhead31735 said,

My Key Works but not my internet
 but sometimes my key doesn't auth

It is causes when the server does not respond back, not sure why it happens. A computer restart usually fixes thid

It is causes when the server does not respond back, not sure why it happens. A computer restart usually fixes this. If not, what is your ISP?