Author Topic: Bricks with lengths, widths, and/or heights past 64?  (Read 2496 times)

Can you make bricks with a length, width, and/or height past 64 (or for technical height, 192)?

Just asking since I want to start making brickpacks.

You could always see for yourself but yes, you can.

You could always see for yourself but yes, you can.

Are you sure? Because I wasn't able to do that.

Are you sure? Because I wasn't able to do that.

Hm? I remember seeing superlong bricks with 100 width or height (or both!) in some servers.

Hm? I remember seeing superlong bricks with 100 width or height (or both!) in some servers.
nope

max brick size is 64x wide/long, and 64x3 plates high

I remember doing it larger than 64, but sadly it will make the model a maximum of 64, and the rest will be invisible. I might be wrong on if that is the case in the current version.

I remember doing it larger than 64, but sadly it will make the model a maximum of 64, and the rest will be invisible. I might be wrong on if that is the case in the current version.
model can extend outside of brick size, brick bounds is limited to restrictions i stated

Pretty sure the max is 100x100x300(plate).

iirc max is 64 out of single player, unless it was changed im pretty sure you can do 128 but only in single player games as they wont be transmitted properly on load to clients

The model can be any size, however the collision & existence (bounds) can only be 64. That means that any model over 64 can't have proper collision or brick grid.
Additionally, the engine seems to cull based on the bounds, so if a model extends the 64 size and the actual bounds are not in the player's field of view, the model will be culled, although visible if the actual brick is in the field of view. This is rather inconsistent as far as I seen though, so it might not be what causes it.

64 studs maximum is a hard limit of the octree system used for rendering bricks. You shouldn't try to find a way around this, even if there is one, as it will result in issues like incorrect culling based on node bounds.

The brick mesh should always be fully contained inside the bounds.

You could have a single ghost brick plant multiple bricks at similar times.
So a 128x cube plants 8 64x cubes.

You could have a single ghost brick plant multiple bricks at similar times.
So a 128x cube plants 8 64x cubes.
would the ghost brick show up correctly?
it wouldn't have issues with collision, but it might render funky