Author Topic: Building and destroying bricks on floating bricks  (Read 1980 times)

(if this can only be answered through a server script then this should be in mod discussion)

I have been using Ghost's new PTG, and I have been generating large pieces of terrain using it. The issue is that since the generated bricks are floating, bricks I place on them can't be removed by a hammer. Dwanding these bricks breaks all of the connected bricks. There does not seem to be a ground filling option for the new PTG, unlike the old one on RTB (unless I completely missed it). Is there a way to place and destroy bricks on a floating brick as if it were a grounded brick?

I know for sure the multitool wand/gun and swiss army gun can delete bricks, which doesn't chain kill

I think there are more recent addons to modify hammer/wand for floating bricks

Dupe all the bricks, cut, and place again.

then you will have ruined the terrain
it would be more practical to build supports to the terrain

then you will have ruined the terrain
it would be more practical to build supports to the terrain
How would it be ruined? Unless it's an infinite world this would work for every time he starts up a server?

I made a paint diagram to show what you're saying

I mean, it wouldn't look too bad in some places
but in other spots I'm not sure I would call that terrain

You mean like you would have to cut the terrain and place it on the ground?
/tfp

You mean like you would have to cut the terrain and place it on the ground?
/tfp
not sure what you're trying to say

what you said before is dupe everything and destroy
then the only place left to place is on the ground

not sure what you're trying to say

what you said before is dupe everything and destroy
then the only place left to place is on the ground
/fp or /forceplant allows you to force plant duplications with enough bricks that need isBaseplate to support the build automatically assigned as such

/tfp means toggleforceplant, allowing you to place the duped bricks directly where you got them from.

/tfp

Select all

/cut

Place

so you want to use the duplicator each time you're trying to delete a brick?
that sounds like a hassle

When you use the dupe to replant the bricks the issue of not being able to break bricks on top of floating ones doesn't persist.

When you use the dupe to replant the bricks the issue of not being able to break bricks on top of floating ones doesn't persist.
I tried this out and this works. The issue is that if you save the build, clear, then reload it, the effect goes away. Since this is going to be in a gamemode, this would be an issue. I tried filling the bottom in with bricks, but the bricks can stick out onto the surface, and manually filling a huge terrain will take too long. Is there just an option in PTG that autofills the open space below generated terrain?