Author Topic: I now have a YouTube channel for music [homemade visualizers inside]  (Read 1439 times)

Not much to see yet though, so for now just have an unfinished remix I made being danced to by a funny spinning puffy cube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be03j_T4c8o
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:26:43 AM by BluetoothBoy »

Second track/visualizer out! I like this one much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VBFyueRvsw

sick - how do you even make these visualisers?

While I don't really like the music the visualisers look great.

i love the sub scattering on the first visualizer. its color fits perfectly, i just think it would've been more fun to see the model jut out more instead of pulsate more

sick - how do you even make these visualisers?
First one I made in Blender. Use the Bake audio to F-Curves option to animate with an audio file. The second one is a lot more complicated, even though it's 2D instead of 3D. It consists of:

(Click images for full-res)
The audio amplitude converted to keyframes.

Saber, an excellent (free) effect by VideoCopilot, on a solid with a mask. The layer's position was animated using sine waves+math as expressions.

The Fractal effect, which had several properties tied to the amplitude keyframes via expressions, as well as similar sine wave functions as the ring in the middle so that the movement of the fractal and the movement of the ring were matched. The fractal type is Mandelbro Inverse with the equation z=z^7 + c. Glow was also used to provide a soft backlayer to the fractal so it subtly jumps off the background.

The bottom two layers are just the red background and the audio file.

While I don't really like the music the visualisers look great.
Thanks! I know, the music's not for everyone haha. I reach a fairly niche group of people.

i love the sub scattering on the first visualizer. its color fits perfectly, i just think it would've been more fun to see the model jut out more instead of pulsate more
Yeah I was having issues rendering with that one for some reason so I got frustrated and left it as is lol.