Author Topic: i am very glad trans aren't allowed in the military  (Read 10980 times)

It's funny seeing how people agree with this, it has been said multiple times, but if you are capable of serving in the military and you are trans, you should be allowed to serve in the military, if you are incapable of serving in the military THEN you should be refused.

if you are capable of serving in the military and you are trans, you should be allowed to serve in the military, if you are incapable of serving in the military THEN you should be refused.

that's not exactly what Annoying Orange said. notice the "in any capacity"

that's not exactly what Annoying Orange said. notice the "in any capacity"
I don't see what I said wrong, he said they won't be able to serve and I'm saying they should be allowed to.

i agree with you then

I don't see whats so wrong about this. It saves money, and a lot of transgenders only join the military just so that they can get surgery. Not to mention they can be unstable at times due to their hormone supplements.

I don't see whats so wrong about this. It saves money, and a lot of transgenders only join the military just so that they can get surgery. Not to mention they can be unstable at times due to their hormone supplements.
Are you really not even reading up on this? People with HIV are allowed in the military, it would cost a lot to treat them, so how about we ban them? What about those with serious allergies, how about we ban them? It's not right and the whole cost thing is completely bullstuff.

Are you really not even reading up on this? People with HIV are allowed in the military, it would cost a lot to treat them, so how about we ban them? What about those with serious allergies, how about we ban them? It's not right and the whole cost thing is completely bullstuff.
Wouldn't mind a HIV ban. Soldiers with allergies isn't too big of an issue as they don't need surgery to take allergy medication. (My allergy meds aren't expensive, at least.)

Theres no reason to normalize gender dysphoria. We don't allow soldiers with depression into the military, we don't allow soldiers with many mental illnesses, actually. Just because he didn't knock out a super large portion of military spending doesn't mean he's not helping.

It saves money
$8 million dollars total, to be exact. For comparison, every time Annoying Orange goes golfing, the american people have to pay $3.6 million dollars, and he goes golfing 8 times a year. so discriminating against people for their 14th amendment choice will save 2.2 Annoying Orange golfing trips. Would that make you happy- to have people's desire to serve their country denied for 2 golfing trips?

and a lot of transgenders only join the military just so that they can get surgery.
this is objectively false and you have no proof to back it up, unless your idea of 'a lot' is actually the minority, in which case you'd be right

Not to mention they can be unstable at times due to their hormone supplements.
the ban is against all transgender people, not the ones on hormone suppliments. people taking medication shouldn't be allowed into the military. but there's millions of transgender people who aren't on hormone suppliments, either because they finished the transition already or they aren't physically changing their love organs

we don't allow soldiers with many mental illnesses, actually.
yes, which is why the government banned homoloveuals from enlisting up until 2011- because homoloveuality was a 'mental disorder' .similarly, the idea that identifying as something else is a mental disorder is bullstuff and doesn't warrant as a mental disability. the fact that it's in DSM doesn't make much of a difference on how they constantly update definitions to suit their studies.

if you can look me in the eyes and say being transgender is a debilitating disease that affects your ability to take on military related tasks you might as well also stare at your ass, because just like you it's full of stuff

Wouldn't mind a HIV ban.
I believe this is already in play. If you're unfit for military duty by health issue they will honorably discharge you.

all in all the only reason you find this good is because you'll get 0.00000000001% of a cent of tax money back, 10-20 people who 'abuse' the military funding for necessary medication will be kicked out, and that's literally it. if you just absolutely despise transgender people for making their own choices about their body, that might also be a reason. maybe you just want to see liberals angry. i won't judge
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:27:56 AM by PhantOS »

Thing is, what if they're highly skilled soldiers? Shouldn't just kick them out because they have an STD or they're transgender, and they shouldn't be denied entry just because of it too.

Transgendered people have a mental disorder called Gender Dysphoria which can cause complications such as depression and suicidal thoughts, they are therefore unstable to serve in the military.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:10:02 AM by General »

Transgendered people have a mental disorder called Gender Dysphoria
some transgendered people suffer from gender dysphoria. however, not all do. the ones that are obviously disturbed and/or under hormonal treatment are already denied enlistment for obvious reasons. as quoted from almost every medical journal, "The gender conflict affects people in different ways." aka depression and complications are 2 of the hundreds of potential symptoms, which all range from harmless (the way you dress or speak) to debilitating (as you mentioned, depression, Self Delete etc). the people who exhibit the latter category are usually denied entry as they are a threat to themselves and others

the people who simply legally identify as a different gender or have already undergone a love change are most of the time perfectly healthy, and the medical exam checks to see if they are or aren't. regardless of all this vital information, Annoying Orange insists that all transgenders be banned from enlistment, which includes the current something thousand soldiers currently in the field and on reserve, who have trained for months to serve in combat and have already proven mentally and physically able

people suffering from severe gender dysphoria were already banned from enlisting. the only people who are going to be affected by this new bill will be perfectly healthy transgender individuals who don't suffer any form of debilitating mental illness
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:14:59 AM by PhantOS »

the people who simply legally identify as a different gender or have already undergone a love change are most of the time perfectly healthy
I would argue that someone who wants to have a love change is not perfectly healthy mentally. However modern society is increasingly becoming deluded so of course people are going to disagree with me.

I would argue that someone who wants to have a love change is not perfectly healthy mentally.
you could also argue that someone who wants to have love with a member of the same gender is not perfectly healthy mentally. if your standard for 'mentally healthy' is as restrictive as you personally want it to be, then yes, maybe wanting to change your love makes you mentally unhealthy. menstruation used to be considered a mental illness at one point, in fact. there's so many things that are considered mental illnesses that have no drastic consequences on ability to perform that they aren't even worth considering illnesses

what you decide to do with your body as far as cosmetic surgery or identity doesn't inhibit your ability to perform jobs or combat roles. if it does, you are not allowed to enlist. that's all it boils down to- if you are unable to operate your job, you shouldn't have that job. this applies to transgender recruits as well. the fact that we have transgender soldiers operating in the field with no issue is proof that being transgender does not impair your ability to fill a combat position
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:20:10 AM by PhantOS »

you could also argue that someone who wants to have love with a member of the same gender is not perfectly healthy mentally.
I also see homoloveuality as a mental illness

what you decide to do with your body as far as cosmetic surgery or identity doesn't inhibit your ability to perform jobs or combat roles. if it does, you are not allowed to enlist
That is because it's not the cosmetic surgery, it's the mental process that leads to the surgery that I consider unwell and a lot of trans gendered people suffer from multiple mental illnesses due to the underlying illness that leads to the surgery.

I also see homoloveuality as a mental illness
That is because it's not the cosmetic surgery, it's the mental process that leads to the surgery that I consider unwell and a lot of trans gendered people suffer from multiple mental illnesses due to the underlying illness that leads to the surgery.
i could legally change my gender tomorrow and i would be female, just in the way i identify myself as. also i could mutilate my genitals if i really felt that way. regardless of these decisions or how mentally ill you see someone as for making these decisions protected by the 14th amendment, the fact is that it has no consequence on my ability to serve in the military.

what you consider a mental illness is irrelevant. i could be ludicrous and say liking cheese makes you mentally ill. with these opinions floating around, the best gauge for how unfit someone is is the medical exam. if someone is so mentally distraught that they cannot function on their job, or their mental state is debilitating, then that's a good reason for them to be disallowed to enlist. however, the grounds that they have a mental illness alone is insufficient.

with all this being said, this bill will hurt the high percentage of potential or currently enlisted troops that are perfectly sane, healthy, and not mentally disturbed in a way that will inhibit their career in the military. in essence, they don't deserve to be discharged; there is no legitimate or logical reason why they should be discharged, and this is why it boils down to prejudice and discrimination, just as the homoloveuality ban in the military has been up until 2011
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:27:05 AM by PhantOS »