Author Topic: older blockland user check-in.  (Read 168055 times)

checking in now, it's been a while

*edit* holy stuff I've had this game a decade
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:23:00 AM by Yeturn »

- Me, right now
you and me both......
-10-year-old me's first forum post
my first post ever was a year old bump that got me banned lol. i totally brought that topic back to life tho

you and me both......my first post ever was a year old bump that got me banned lol. i totally brought that topic back to life tho

you're telling me man, look at my first post https://imgur.com/BXYnsVg

I loving decided to stuff all over somebody for no reason on my like third post lmao... 12 year old me was going through some stuff guys.

I used to escape into games to escape from my real life. This community was definitely with me during my coming-of-age. Pretty crazy looking back.

I'm also pretty surprised to see it still seeming active with people even coming back years later to say hi. Makes me feel like maybe this community can survive a few decades of us all working then we can retire and build with legos again :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:54:39 AM by Yeturn »

you're telling me man, look at my first post https://imgur.com/BXYnsVg

I loving decided to stuff all over somebody for no reason on my like third post lmao... 12 year old me was going through some stuff guys.

I used to escape into games to escape from my real life. This community was definitely with me during my coming-of-age. Pretty crazy looking back.

I'm also pretty surprised to see it still seeming active with people even coming back years later to say hi. Makes me feel like maybe this community can survive a few decades of us all working then we can retire and build with legos again :)
its so crazy to know ive been acively playing blockland for (close to) half of my life. i think the longest break i ever took was like a year of no bl in 2012. but other than that? Since 2007 not a day has gone by where I didnt play blockland or check the forums to some extent.

finally blockland con will be able to commense!!

its so crazy to know ive been acively playing blockland for (close to) half of my life.
i reached this milestone a while ago - i bought the game in 2009 when i was literally only 7 years old. and now im almost 16.

its so crazy to know ive been acively playing blockland for (close to) half of my life.
it definitely is a strange feeling

"How do I fix the poopy search system"

-10-year-old me's first forum post

What a gem

What a gem
a grimy, scratchy gem

edit: man, what a wholesome thread this has become :D

edit x2 combo: i was nearing 11 at the time, just realized.

Might have been it even though the name doesn't ring a bell (I think I only tried it once or twice though, so that's not surprising). I think I remember it having NPC civilians that you had to protect from the zombies or something like that.

ring any bells?

quickedit: curious if anyone still has the older version of tbm/dtb, before the "tob" garbage
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:52:16 PM by Isjix »

[snip]
ring any bells?
Yeah, ZomBase ended up being it; I found a download a few days ago and it wound up being a bit different from what I remembered, but it's definitely it.

quickedit: curious if anyone still has the older version of tbm/dtb, before the "tob" garbage
Just checked an old external hard drive and I've got two zips named "TBM2ZIP" and "dtb_alpha" dated June 6th, 2007; would either of those be what you're looking for?

I've been a member since 2011 and I've been wanting to start playing again, but my key was sent to my moms email which has since been removed (it was in contract with our ISP) soo i cant log on with my key anymore :( My BLID is 31907 though, which I guess means its pretty old, 7 years isnt exactly 11 years but I was still 12 when I started playing.
Nowadays I'm doing pretty good, I'm about to drop out of uni to pursue a career in music (I play drums in a band, we wanna be the next Mom Jeans or Prince Daddy and the Hyena), I've got an amazing gf and pretty cool life right now.
All I'm missing out on is playing Blockland again :(  :cookie:

Heyo. Not sure if I can be considered old, but hi.