post modernism is stupid

Author Topic: post modernism is stupid  (Read 947 times)

If it wasn't for Post-Modernism we wouldn't have dubstep, just think about that for a second and delete this thread once you realize what you've insulted.

modernism is stupid

did i do good?

i thought this was a rant on pomo art, which is also loving garbage.

on topic,

politically correct = fascism. all these modern lib kids have no idea what they are doing. making everyone a victim to separate us into groups and force certain people to censor is what is going on.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:30:57 PM by Bisjac »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQA0e0UYzI

A couple of choice quotes from the video:
Quote from: Noam Chomsky
I think the effect is pretty clear. I think it allows people to take a radical stance, you know, 'more radical than thou,' but to be completely dissociated from anything that's happening. For many reasons; one reason is nobody can understand a word they're saying, so they're already dissociated. It's kind of like a private lingo. And you know, there's a lot of material reward that comes from it. Like, if you're a part of that system, you can run around to conferences, and get big professorships, and that kind of stuff...
...as he walked out, he kind of laughed and told me that... most of the especially younger people liked it a lot, but he heard one... really critical comment from a young woman, faculty member who sort of liked the general political thrust of it but told him that it was very naïve... He laughed and he said 'Well it's because you said that people did things on moral grounds and you talked about truth. And that's old fashioned nonsense, that's kind of this old Enlightenment stuff; we know perfectly well that nobody does it.'
...and it's extremely convenient, you can beat people over the head with it with perfect self-confidence because there's no reality anyway, and it's just your narrative and their narrative. In the 3rd World, it's particularly grotesque... it's bad enough here, I don't like it here, or other rich countries. But when you get to 3rd World countries, it's really grotesque, 'cause there the separation of the radical intelligensia to popular struggles... shows much more dramatically. I mean, people are poorer and they're suffering much more; these guys are pretty rich, quite often, and it's ugly. But, I think it has served a function. I don't want to say that the people who are involved in it do it for this reason... It's worked as a way of insulating sectors of a kind of radical intelligensia from popular movements and actual activism and it served as an instrument of power. I suspect that's the reason why it's so readily tolerated in the universities.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:42:56 PM by Johnimiester »