Author Topic: DPS Meter  (Read 6327 times)

DPS Meter
Version 1.1

Calculates a weapon's DPS by the damage done to the brick with the item on it. Comes with 4 different update speeds: 100ms, 333ms, 200ms, and 100ms. Depending on your weapon's fire rate, the accuracy may be different. In general you can expect a maximum of 8% difference from the actual value - if the number is fluctuating between two values, the average value is usually the most accurate.

Assumes all radius damage is done in full - eg direct hit on a player/vehicle. As a result (plus other factors), DPS will tend to overestimate slightly, as sometimes you hit farther/closer to the target and thus dont do full radius damage.

Download on Blockland Glass
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:48:52 PM by Conan »

conan this is great swell job

Awesome! Nowa all me need is an Overwatch fanatic and Soldier 76's pulse rifle and we've got something BIG to play with. ;)

big richard dps only

altho i have to wonder in the gif why it's hovering around 83 average on the 10 second one and around 94 on the 3 second one when all the bullets are hitting and (i assume) are doing the same damage in the same amount of time i mean that's quite the difference

probably just something to do with averages or something idk i don't feel like math right now

altho i have to wonder in the gif why it's hovering around 83 average on the 10 second one and around 94 on the 3 second one when all the bullets are hitting and (i assume) are doing the same damage in the same amount of time i mean that's quite the difference

probably just something to do with averages or something idk i don't feel like math right now
its probably the average math. the 10s one is the most accurate

The longer the time the more accurate it'd be. In that case the dps is much closer to 83 than 94

can you add a version that works with bots

i think i know why now actually. it probably has to do with the fact i split up the damage falloff over time so it doesnt accurately portray dps at high timer intervals cause of damage overlap. i'll make some edits and post an update.

this also  means that the longer time should actually be in fact less accurate.

can you add a version that works with bots
...whats the diff with bots? they take damage exactly the same way as this works, minus the fact there is reduced falloff damage.

ha i knew i wasn't rly stupid!!

but yes thank

This is extremely useful

...whats the diff with bots? they take damage exactly the same way as this works, minus the fact there is reduced falloff damage.

whenever i made the bot item a dps meter the thing applies to the bot hole and not the bot
also im talking about making the dps meter as a shapename mounted on the bot

whenever i made the bot item a dps meter the thing applies to the bot hole and not the bot
also im talking about making the dps meter as a shapename mounted on the bot

...or just make a brick the size of the player (2x4x5tall) and put the dps meter on it??