Author Topic: model of the iphone 8  (Read 3886 times)

lack of buttons and jack aside, the overall design is really cool, but i cant get over how
it looks like it's wearing a cheap case

doesn't concern me tho cuz i'll be sticking w/ my google phones

I think it looks decent

and why are people freaking out over the lack of a physical home button?
Ive been using the Moto G3 for years now and never had an issue

It looks the same as the last one. Why do people still buy these? They haven't changed since the iPhone 4 and they're stuffty anyway

> same as the last one
> is fundamentally different

I think it looks decent

and why are people freaking out over the lack of a physical home button?
Ive been using the Moto G3 for years now and never had an issue

Man I've seen people want apple to do this and complain about hard buttons, and now they're complaining that they did do it, because "LOL APPLE".

lack of buttons and jack aside, the overall design is really cool, but i cant get over how
doesn't concern me tho cuz i'll be sticking w/ my google phones

I don't know how true to form these production prototypes are to the final product in terms of fit and finish. I'm gonna wait till they introduce full working models before I have an opinion on material and the finish.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:54:31 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

idk why the lack of home buttons is even a problem. if you drop a phone it's screen either breaks enough to be unusable or not, making the home button either unusable or still functioning anyway

so now the top of the screen is cut in two AND there's no headphone jack AND forget knows where the fingerprint sensor will be

good design, 10/10
what? the fingerprint sensor has always been on the screen
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:58:09 PM by Maxwell. »

i actually really like it

Plus I agree with LoL, a black border looks SO MUCH BETTER than a white one.

so now the top of the screen is cut in two AND there's no headphone jack AND forget knows where the fingerprint sensor will be

good design, 10/10
forget about quality but no matter what happens we have to make it THINNER

what? the fingerprint sensor has always been on the screen
What do you mean..? The fingerprint sensor has always been on the home button in previous models and there haven't been any firsthand confirmations of where the sensor will be on the iphone 8.

See this video for why I'm saying what I'm saying about the fingerprint thing

kind of reminds me of my nexus 5, it hasn't had any buttons on the front part for years before this
but I don't like how it goes up around the camera, I prefer a rectangular screen

What do you mean..? The fingerprint sensor has always been on the home button in previous models and there haven't been any firsthand confirmations of where the sensor will be on the iphone 8.

See this video for why I'm saying what I'm saying about the fingerprint thing
oh my bad. but anyway I don't see why they'd remove it- they could add it to the screen

i actually love how practically the entire front side is the screen

also i just remembered that iPhones don't have all the buttons on one side like my 6p so for a while I thought there was only a power button on the right side with no physical volume control
im dumb
who needs a physical home button tho

It wont
At least, from the firmware leak theres nothing indicating a « under display » fingerprint sensor, theres even rumors it might be completely replaced by infrared facial recognition.

You're right, I'm on old rumors. A potential leak actually shows that IR will be a thing, so that's interesting.

https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/891841607728844801

Apple pushed "HomePod" stuff presumably too early and someone dug into it
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:32:44 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

I wasn't actually intending on making this an actual discussion, but... you know the Soviets won the Space Race, right?
Too far

iPhone 9: we removed the circuitry and plastic casing so it's easier to carry