Author Topic: BVRC Racing 2017 - DISCORD  (Read 8174 times)

This'll be interesting with 2 racing competitions/tournaments in the works now.
Wait crap which other one?!?!?!?

Wait crap which other one?!?!?!?

One I have been working in for a little over a year now (topic is old, I should make a new one eventually):
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=303450.msg9275568#msg9275568

Anyway, I'm having a huge problem. Nothing happens in the console, even with trace(1); enabled, but the game crashes completely without any error message whatsoever, as if it was just closing the application. I have no idea why the game keeps crashing. I'll have to look into this tomorrow. Hopefully someone can help.
what changed since it was last working?

what changed since it was last working?
I enabled the Hachiroku vehicle, then it started crashing. I disabled it and it kept crashing.

I enabled the Hachiroku vehicle, then it started crashing. I disabled it and it kept crashing.
The hackiroku has caused massive problems for me in the past, I reported them to Filipe and they got fixed. Try getting a copy of your console, you can find one in your Blockland File Directory, you'll have to boot the game first.

If you use Blockland via steam you could also try checking for corrupted files.
Blockland (right-click in steam) > Properties > Furthest right tab (local files or something) > Then it's like the most bottom button.

EDIT: if you can just try default addons.

I'll help with building and I would like to race if I knew when it was happening

If you use Blockland via steam you could also try checking for corrupted files.
how?

I'll help with building and I would like to race if I knew when it was happening
i can't host right now, my client is crashing if i try to host even without the hachiroku

also, if i choose default addons i can't remember what i had selected before and what i didn't, so if i used a brickpack for example then the track could be completely broken. it'll be even worse if i use an event addon and forget i had it enabled before then all my events break. the worst case is that i attach a lot of events to an addon brick and then loading up the save again deletes all the events in it.

i can't risk it

btw console.log shows nothing even with trace(1);

how?

Go to Library, Right click on Blockland and go down and click "Properties". Go to "Local Files" (Right hand side) and click on "Verify Integrity Of Game Files". It'll take a minute or two, maybe more.

Go to Library, Right click on Blockland and go down and click "Properties". Go to "Local Files" (Right hand side) and click on "Verify Integrity Of Game Files". It'll take a minute or two, maybe more.
Thanks I'll try that tomorrow

I'll help with building, and if submissions are still open i'd love to race for Red Brick. #69 ofc

I want to compete in this but my current situation does not allow me, in case this changes please no one choose the number 12

Hey sideswipe I just remembered something,
How are you going to deal with latency?

brickcount?
I want to compete but I don't want BL lagging like forget

brickcount?
I want to compete but I don't want BL lagging like forget

BTW crashing was fixed, thanks Rolfey! Validating files worked!
Apparently it was 1 file. Funny how just 1 file can bork everything. And by bork I mean seriously bork.

I'll help with building, and if submissions are still open i'd love to race for Red Brick. #69 ofc

Just to clear up:
Signing up for racing allows you to race when the time comes. You will also be able to drive on the track before its finality. Currently the track is a little too slow for F1 cars. When an actual schedules race is happening you will be alerted.

Jeb, #69 is taken. How about #68?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:38:05 AM by Sideswipe »

BTW crashing was fixed, thanks Rolfey! Validating files worked!
Apparently it was 1 file. Funny how just 1 file can bork everything. And by bork I mean seriously bork.

My pleasure, glade to be if service.
Just wondering, can I see the racetrack? There are some things that need to be done for a proper, functioning racetrack in BL and I want to see if you've met them.