Joining a possibly BLhack-crashed server?

Author Topic: Joining a possibly BLhack-crashed server?  (Read 4253 times)

After experiencing a few odd bugs attributed to blhack (like a gravity switch), the server crashed. I'm not focused on what happened with the blhack thing, because it is just an assumption I'm still investigating (which is why this is in help, not drama).

This had happened before and I was told it was because the server failed to authenticate. The Glass Hosting panel still shows that it's running, and so surely there must be a way to tell it to reauth or connect to it, right? I tried to post it to the master server and tried direct connect.

Very unlikely it's blhack. Gravity can be modified by console, glass probably just took a bit to update after it crashed.

Very unlikely it's blhack. Gravity can be modified by console, glass probably just took a bit to update after it crashed.
No matter the case, anyway to join while the server is in this state?

For anyone curious about why blhack is a concern, attached is a clipped pastebin of the segments  when it happened.
https://pastebin.com/cBnjiuDA

Notable spot at line 399 when the gravity bug occurred, but I also see zonebricks possibly being the issue just before it.

No matter the case, anyway to join while the server is in this state?
To join a crashed server?

Either way, the log doesn't show the crash so can't see what caused it.

To join a crashed server?

Either way, the log doesn't show the crash so can't see what caused it.
Exactly, that's why it's so strange. The crash isn't  shown but everybody was kicked off and it stopped showing on the list. Again, the Glass hosting panel shows that it's still running and Glass Support told me it failed to authenticate (maybe they can see things about the server that I can't?). I feel like they would've told me if a Glass update had occured

Because I can still execute commands to the dedi server panel I was wondering if there was a way to reauth or fix it from that end.

reason authentication wasnt working is because there has been some trouble recently with .us domains having dns issues. my server was having the same issue the other day

do you have access to the console?
if you can tell it to do things and it does them (ie load bricks/clear bricks), then it's probably still running

reason authentication wasnt working is because there has been some trouble recently with .us domains having dns issues. my server was having the same issue the other day
I see!

do you have access to the console?
if you can tell it to do things and it does them (ie load bricks/clear bricks), then it's probably still running
It's running but I can't connect to it through any normal means like direct connect and the server list. All I need to do is get on to save bricks.

you can probably save bricks from the console

not sure what the command is, but you could use an auto saver's functions

you can probably save bricks from the console

not sure what the command is, but you could use an auto saver's functions
There's no savebricks console command, and I don't think I have an autosaver enabled

I'll try and download an autosaver and force execute it. Hopefully it doesn't crash it

you could just put the needed functions in server.cs in a server_save folder in addons
then execute the function in the console

you probably don't need the full addon (which should be a pretty lightweight script anyway, it shouldn't crash)

Your server likely booted everyone off because authentication failing due to circumstances outside the control of Glass Hosting. Your server was indeed still running and responsive (it never crashed), just wasn’t listed on the master server as it was not authenticated. If a user tried to join, it would not have been able to auth them either.

There was no console command available to save bricks, I tried. It failed to fully reauthenticate, even after getting a successful response from the authentication server.

An unfortunate downside of Glass Hosting is the inability to load new files added after the game has started. This is an issue with the file system Linux uses and the fact that Blockland is run under WINE. I’m working on a solution but it is not ready for deployment yet. Because of this, it wasn’t possible to load in a brick saving script when I was trying to resolve the ticket.

On second glance, do you have some add-on screwing around with player auth? There’s a bunch of non-standard auth stuff in the console.