Author Topic: uploading an avatar gives me a generic error  (Read 614 times)

it's doing it for 74x74 avatars as well, did it break even more?

try loading it and saving it with a different program? can't remember if this is the fix for generic error as well or if that's only for it just not updating without any errors

ctrl f5 and if that doesnt work wait a little while
then try doing different minor effects on it and compressing it using gimp or something while keeping it png. if all that doesnt work make it a gif.

ctrl f5 and if that doesnt work wait a little while
then try doing different minor effects on it and compressing it using gimp or something while keeping it png. if all that doesnt work make it a gif.
try loading it and saving it with a different program? can't remember if this is the fix for generic error as well or if that's only for it just not updating without any errors
that's the thing, usually doing that seemed to work but now it's not even giving me a size error, just that really vague error

I got it working with different scaling in gimp but something's changed

I fixed it, it was really weird because I used the scaling tool in gimp to resize it and made a new version and that didn't work, but the other scaling tool under images > scale image worked just fine

I retried it though except I scaled using the scale tool and then did "fit canvas to layers"

I also used these settings and turned them all off so there's no metadata that sets the forums security off. this was a weird glitch and it's nothing like I've ever dealt with before, resizing/waiting/compression/ctrl f5 didn't work this time so I'm pretty sure the image was screwed somehow