Author Topic: half life 1 update released  (Read 2845 times)

that's handicapped. the people who are working on fixing hl1 bugs are not the same people who make new games or whatever else you qualify as "important stuff." this isn't even worth thinking about. it's an update that fixes one bug. this took minimal resources.
yeah but is there really a section dedicated to just fixing old bugs?

half life one port to source 2 when

yeah but is there really a section dedicated to just fixing old bugs?
probably. if there isn't, it still doesn't take much effort from valve at all to fix literally one bug in an old game.

Ah yes. They added a rate limit to something. I'm sure that less than an hour of development time from 1 guy took away half life 3's chance of ever seeing life.

they do this like once a month or here and there throughout the year, nothing to really write home about
im pissed valve is working on this instead of more important stuff
blame the employees themselves, valve works in a very dynamic way which their employees can choose what they can work on to the point where they can literally just roll their desk to a different project area and become part of that project. i don't really like valve myself or agree with a lot of stuff they've done but cmon man

p.s. half life 3 is never ever coming out enjoy ur dota card games and VR gimmick games
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:21:35 PM by Decepticon »

p.s. half life 3 is never ever coming out enjoy ur dota card games and VR gimmick games
you know, 2 or 3 years ago i would've argued with you over that. i dunno anymore. i used to think that hl3 was going to come when valve had the next big paradigm shift in gaming in the same way that hl1 and 2 changed how games were made and how their stories were told. i didnt know what that next big thing was gonna be, but it was coming. it's been kinda hard to hang on to that feeling when valve employees are moving to greener pastures and there's still no information about anything.

I still think it's coming eventually. Valve would dumb not to eventually cash in on HL3, but it's not soon. My hunch is that they're gonna pull the Half-Life 3 card if/when Steam is starting to be threatened by other services. Say Origin gets really big for some reason. People start moving over and BAM, biggest game release of the century. And it's on Steam only.

HL3 is probably too late in development to cash in on now. Valve will get a stuff ton of flak if it's rushed and undercooked as a game, and it will possibly make users leave if they find out half life 3 is linked in some sort of stuff entangled with the mandatory Portal timeline, so all the leaks will be real and nothing will be special after nothing major has been leaked for about 3 years.

from what I know about the valve process, they make and remake their games loads of times until they get the best one, and then the release it. it wouldnt shock me to learn that they're doing a similar process right now (or have been) with half life 3. it's hypothetically possible that they have their basic ideas done, but nothing actually built yet.

the hell does updates have to do with player counts
and plus these updates are tiny ass bug fixes
>when you're this much of a 12 year old