Author Topic: Blockland Constantly not Responding  (Read 1531 times)

Very often while playing, blockland stops responding for a minute or two, and then unfreezes. This happens super often and is incredibly annoying. I have tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work.

Does it happen when somebody joins your server for the first time? If so, when your game freezes, it is actually generating a file manifest to send to the client who joined so that the client knows what to download. It freezes for a long time if you have a bunch of add-ons enabled.

No, this happens when playing on other people's servers too.

Also, I keep timing out from servers

if you're frozen for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if you time out of a server
servers normally expect constant communication with the clients (you), and if you're frozen, you can't respond to the server

anything being logged in the console?
any activity triggering it?
does it happen on a clean install? if an addon is in an infinite loop that's a bad thing

Can you keep task manager open and visible for when it freezes? Might catch something spiking and hogging all your CPU or memory. And is only BL freezing or does your computer lock up too?

My blockland freezes when my disk usage is 99% or higher, check that and see if that is the cause. As said above keep an eye on the usage.

I don't know how likely it is but it could be a heating issue, which should be easy to diagnose.

Can you keep task manager open and visible for when it freezes? Might catch something spiking and hogging all your CPU or memory. And is only BL freezing or does your computer lock up too?
only blockland freezes.

try removing all your client addons and see if it persists