Hurricane Harvey Discussion Thread

Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey Discussion Thread  (Read 5550 times)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:39:42 PM by KristoB »

HOLY stuff
JEFF'S LIVESTREAM OF THE HURRICANE JUST WENT DOWN AFTER HIS STRUCTURE COLLAPSED
HE MAY BE loving DEAD
EDIT: HE IS SAFE

https://twitter.com/SimonStormRider/status/901275687155322881
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:53:16 PM by Mr Queeba »

queeba's right, stream was on this for a minute or so
lowered size because i dont want giant pagestretch

current minimum pressure is 938mb, which is between category 4 and 5 levels. if it were still offshore it would be rapidly intensifying right now

IF I GET TRIPS HARVEY WRECKS ITS WAY TO MANITOBA

Dude this thing got huge FAST

Massive damage is ongoing, collapsed buildings with people trapped inside. Massive flooding expected, and the storm has barely moved in the past 2 hours. The mayor thinks that it'll end quickly, but no meteorologist agrees, and I'll side with the latter. Hurricane's predicted to last over a week.

Texas is forgeted. (thanks rockinboy, retracted my big letters a bit)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:36:35 PM by Mr Queeba »

Massive damage is ongoing, with massive flooding expected, and the storm has barely moved in the past 2 hours. The mayor thinks that it'll end quickly, but no meteorologist agrees, and I'll side with the latter. It's predicted to last over a week.

Texas is forgeted.
fixed that for you the text seemed a little big

Massive damage is ongoing, collapsed buildings with people trapped inside. Massive flooding expected, and the storm has barely moved in the past 2 hours. The mayor thinks that it'll end quickly, but no meteorologist agrees, and I'll side with the latter. Hurricane's predicted to last over a week.
Texas is forgeted.

I hope everyone makes it out of this safely

Quote from: Reddit live thread
NWS issued its rainiest 7-day forecast ever. Up to 40” rain from San Antonio to Houston will create a Katrina-scale flood.
The flood is going to be like Hurricane Katrina. Holy crap.