AdNauseam - an Adblocker that tricks ads.

Author Topic: AdNauseam - an Adblocker that tricks ads.  (Read 2942 times)

cant wait for all ad revenue to die and all websites to require payment to use

you realize without advertisement there's no conceivable way to earn money besides like, adding premium accounts. pretty soon whole websites that were once free will essentially require an account with payment on it

some major ad company will probably buy out adnauseam or adblocker at some point and just remove it entirely so that they can still profit
Well that sucks doesn't it?
Sorry, but the companies brought this on themselves because, well It' was their company and they did what they wanted with it.
IE Shoving ads into their websites like you try to shove the square block into the circle hole.

if its technically clicking ads doesnt that mean its gonna recommend me literally everything that pops up as an ad? this could cause problems because its much much harder getting an adblocker on my phone and i dont want to see ads for stuff on my phone for stupid crap
Firefox on Mobile allows for extensions.

Sorry, but the companies brought this on themselves because, well It' was their company and they did what they wanted with it.
IE Shoving ads into their websites like you try to shove the square block into the circle hole.
you can have a laugh now but you wont be laughing much when vidme requires payment in order for you to watch videos

of course you'll blame vidme because you're just another reddit cigarette who has no conceivable understanding of how money works in a real world scenario and everything boils down to 'sjws getting offended'
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:46:13 PM by PhantOS »

advertisements are sad remnants from TV to the Internet and honestly there should be an alternative besides surveys.

ads are the most efficient form of monetization of websites. it requires absolutely no user interaction and the owner of the website gets paid for it

Well I mean, it will suck for pretty much everyone here once the content they consume every day stops becoming self-sustainable and freely viewable.

Unless you like low-effort entertainment content... o wait.....

I'm fine with ads

I'm not fine with ads that play sounds, are basically videos, cause the webpage to stutter or lag, or cause popups

if it's just an idle picture then idgaf, when it causes popups plays sound or lags the webpage, it becomes utter cancer

the two top ways for a company owner can earn money, without making a paid service, is either allowing advertisement, or making a large enough portion of their opportunities only a paid option

the only way save ads that youtube could make a significant portion of money is to expand youtube red and that garbage to encompass more videos and features

This will mean that advertisers will start forcing site operators to introduce more 'ad-blocker detection'
Yeeeep.

I'm fine with ads

I'm not fine with ads that play sounds, are basically videos, cause the webpage to stutter or lag, or cause popups

if it's just an idle picture then idgaf, when it causes popups plays sound or lags the webpage, it becomes utter cancer

ah yes, the tried and true "ruin it for everyone" strategy of consumer influence. you're an dumbass.

even worse are the popup ads from researchhub -_____-

ah yes, the tried and true "ruin it for everyone" strategy of consumer influence. you're an dumbass.
Consumer influence?
no, The Companies started making it impossible to go on their websites without an adblocker because it became so intrusive it was troublesome, so more and more people used adblocker, which caused the ads to get worse, which will cause the adblockers to become more common and continue the cycle.

They got greedy, and now we're all forgeted.

But that one "Sucks doesn't it" comment was aimed at PhantOS particularly because his whole argument has been "It's their company, they can do what they want with it"
Unless, you know, he has a sudden double standard.

Matthew is the dude with tits from fight club

master "trying to earn money as a business makes you greedy and you should feel sorry" matthew

his whole argument has been "It's their company, they can do what they want with it"
no you sleazy cunt, my whole argument has been "they are a company and they need some way to earn money"

you've literally shown yourself to have no actual understanding of how currency works. you think that immigrants actively send money to mexico through the mail and dont pay any form of taxes. already that belief alone gives you zero credibility whatsoever in any argument about money
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:24:11 PM by PhantOS »