Author Topic: Why Badspot stopped updating Blockland?  (Read 6098 times)

its honestly pretty sad, this game is gold but badspot got old of the game and got tired.

also another thing is that i feel like the overall build quality got better after maps were taken out. i dunno if it's just me but back in the day most of the builds that were considered good really pale in comparison to most things
I agree that builds have gotten much better since maps were removed, but I don't think this has much to do with the removal of maps. Before they were removed, none of the top clans or builders hosted servers on a map that wasn't slate-like. The build quality right before v21 was a lot higher than early retail; comparing USSR or MotE's builds to NWB, C, or AoB show how far builders came while maps were still in the game.

The two big things that lead to better builds were more brick packs and players having played longer. It takes a long time to get really good at building, all of the best builders have been here for years. Also, one of the most useful brick packs for building small detailed parts of builds (small prints pack) came out ~5 months before v21. It takes a lot of time to get really good at using these brick and the other similar brick packs that were released after maps were removed, so it makes sense that builds are so detailed now compared to just before v21.