Why Badspot stopped updating Blockland?

Author Topic: Why Badspot stopped updating Blockland?  (Read 6100 times)

tired and bored of the game

it's forgetin old to him. realize this game is over a decade of age now.

All he can do for us would downgrade back to the good old days and nothing has to change.

to be fair, there isn't actually much to be updated that can't just be added with a mod

to be fair, there isn't actually much to be updated that can't just be added with a mod
you can't bring back textured mountains and feathery beds to everyone on this game

what exactly do you want to be added

what exactly do you want to be added
if i could choose just one thing, just one tiny little thing

support for loopstart/loopend/looplength in ogg files

"Hey you could make a add-on for that!"

Technically, you could use music bricks and events for that, like, have an event activate a music brick to play the 'intro' OGG that's a song up until it's loop point where you'd then have the 'loop' OGG play after the intro ends, which you can use Audacity to get the length of the intro in milliseconds so you know for how long to delay setting the music brick to the loop OGG

Then you can have an event that sets the music brick to the 'outro' OGG either whenever want, or you can multiply the loop OGG's length by how many times you want the loop to loop, then use the end result of that equation as the value for the delay on setting the music brick to the outro OGG

It might be a bit of a pain, especially since it takes up 3 Music datablocks per song, but i think that's the closest we'll get to 'dynamic music'

oops i meant on the regular player side of things. yea there are plenty of small things on the development side that could be added like that

Technically, you could use music bricks and events for that, like, have an event activate a music brick to play the 'intro' OGG that's a song up until it's loop point where you'd then have the 'loop' OGG play after the intro ends, which you can use Audacity to get the length of the intro in milliseconds so you know for how long to delay setting the music brick to the loop OGG

Then you can have an event that sets the music brick to the 'outro' OGG either whenever want, or you can multiply the loop OGG's length by how many times you want the loop to loop, then use the end result of that equation as the value for the delay on setting the music brick to the outro OGG

It might be a bit of a pain, especially since it takes up 3 Music datablocks per song, but i think that's the closest we'll get to 'dynamic music'
I wouldn't personally need to use events as I can code. So I'm just going to apply this same concept to coding. Because believe me, I'm fully capable of thinking of possible workarounds and such on my own. Especially one as simple as this.

Any ping above 0 will have a stutter.

And if someone wanted to use music bricks and events, then it gets even worse. The intro will be heard quickly looping then being switched.

And then again once you want the music to 'stop looping' (which there wouldn't likely be any case of such, most if not all tracks done like this are intro + loop), the same stutter would be heard between the loop and the end segment.

He's working on other game(s). I imagine trying to update a game that you *secretly despise due to a notably toxic community is prolly one of the last things he wants to do right now.

Also, because were on borrowed time.

If it wasn't for the forums, baddy would've pulled the plug years ago.

why update it when we have addons