DuckDuckGo found manipulating autocomplete [not verified yet]

Author Topic: DuckDuckGo found manipulating autocomplete [not verified yet]  (Read 1690 times)

doesnt this happen on tumblr too

doesnt this happen on tumblr too
tumblr only autofills based on what tags are popular/trending. i'm kinda skeptical that duckduckgo is doing anything nefarious here too

tumblr only autofills based on what tags are popular/trending. i'm kinda skeptical that duckduckgo is doing anything nefarious here too

good to know both genders are slaves at least

Duckduckgo autocomplete has always been really weird and nonsensical. Never in the same way from month to month, it changes semi-often. I know this because I use it quite regularly... There's really no reason to believe that a small company running a privacy-focused search engine has any reason to change the autocomplete results. Even pretending that autocomplete on a very seldomly used search engine of all things is of any importance is really quite silly. Like, what do people think is going on?

*rubs hands together* muaahahhhahha! I'm going to make "men are" autocomplete to nasty things! I'm also going to make "horses are" autocomplete to "like potato chips!" Absolutely diabolical.

I dont think anyone's autocomplete has anything to do with intentional manipulation and it just goes off of what people - or you - often search. Even then, why would it matter if it's not autocompleting what you are about to search anyway

good to know both genders are slaves at least
It's What Has Been Ordained.

It's What Has Been Ordained.
if we're both slaves then at least we're both equal

to be honest what else would you expect to find typing 'men are'