Author Topic: iphone x info leaked, here's some details  (Read 2040 times)

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/09/iphone-x-leaks-6-core-a11-chip-3gb-ram-wireless-charging-apple-pay-face-id-detailed.html

Almost two days after the iOS 11 GM build leak and revealed pretty much everything about the new iPhones from Apple, developers continue to dig deep into the firmware’s code to find out more info about the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.

Now that it has been confirmed that there is no Touch ID on the iPhone X, many wondered how Apple Pay transactions would work on the device. As discovered by Jeffrey Grossman, users will have to confirm the payment by double clicking the sleep/wake button after they first authenticate a payment using Face ID. The code also points to Apple bringing Face ID to the iPad down the line.

Details about the A11 chip Apple will be using in its 2017 iPhone lineup has also been revealed. It will be a 6-core chip, with four low-power ‘Mistral’ cores and 2 high-power ‘Monsoon’ cores. All the six cores can work independently of each other. This is not a Fusion chip as we saw on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus last year.

In terms of RAM, developer Steve Troughton Smith confirms the iPhone 8 will feature 2GB RAM, while the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will feature 3GB. The lower amount of RAM on the smaller iPhone 8 is because it will come with a lower resolution display compared to the other two devices.

The iOS 11 GM code also points to wireless charging being present on the handsets, though the code does not provide many details about its functionality. Apple is rumored to implement Qi wireless charging on its iPhone lineup this year, though it remains to be seen if it will be compatible with other third-party Qi chargers or not.

Lastly, the iPhone X will continue to feature a 12MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera. The rear camera will be capable of recording 4K video in 60fps and Full HD at 240fps. It was expected that the front camera would also be upgraded to record 4K videos, but that is not going to be the case this year.

At this point, apart from its price, almost every other key detail of the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus has been revealed.

while these features sound pretty nice, the price will probably be so loving extravagantly high

ill probably end up with this phone at one point so im happy it atleast has some alright specs

face ID.
can't someone take a picture of me then BAM detected?

face ID.
can't someone take a picture of me then BAM detected?

it captures a 3D model of your face, which i'm pretty sure is Apple trying to avoid Samsung's fatal flaw with their face id capturing only a 2D image. the only thing that makes me worry is if the iPhone is looking for a 3D face, i feel like it might make it less accurate in bright light and darkness, or just more slow in general

i'm loving the Galaxy S8+ right now but it's starting to slow down already as Android is wont to do for me so i'll probably try the iPhone X. i really liked my previous experiences with iPhones so i assume this'll be even better

lol this will be the $1000 USD phone (prob more) - i've never like apple honestly and i don't always like android either, i just want a phone that is fast and will last a long time that is at a reasonable price, my S7Edge is starting to slow down but I've only had it for a year

i havent used finger ID login, wont be using face either
ill always stick to code tbh, and the more digits the better

Why do people still buy these things

Why do people still buy these things
why do people ask things they know the answer to

why do people ask things they know the answer to

Maybe I don't know and that's why I'm asking

Maybe I don't know and that's why I'm asking
youre asking me why people buy apple phones?

since i dont like it i dont understand why people would buy it

I'd figured they would name it iPhone X eventually, it's a cool name.

they should have saved the "x" name until they actually did something groundbreaking and cool with the phone

when is the xxx version coming out