[TECH] Apple announces iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X

Author Topic: [TECH] Apple announces iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X  (Read 10185 times)

To be fair this would technically be the iPhone 10 since the first iPhone was released in 2007
but where the forget is 9.

too far advanced to be considered the 9

I mean it might still come out. The 8 is coming out alongside the X. Their next regular lineup might still be the 9. The X could just be the X (even though it is the roman numeral for 10), and we might see an actualy iPhone 10 a couple years from now.

and we might see an actualy iPhone 10 a couple years from now.
that would lead only to people calling the X the letter x which is a Branding Issue so you can bet they won't be doing that

when will apple stop naming phones after numbers and name them after waifus like they should?

That's exactly why its X/10
x is ten

I was replying to this
they skipped 9 too
What's with skipping the 9th generation? First Windows 8 to 10 now iPhone 8 to X (which was referred to as 10 in the keynote conference)

I was replying to this

No I understand, Im validating your statement. Im pretty sure they stated that it was called iPhone X in commemoration of 10 years of iPhone.

iPhone 8.
This conversation is over. Im not sure why you want to question a personal experience.

If it worked most the time, Id enjoy it more. Apparently working with your hands is a against the rules.

I’m just trying to understand what you’re talking about precisely, because your personal experience doesn’t really make sense to me so far. Maybe you were talking about Samsung’s Galaxy S8 Face recogniztion system? You have the right to have an opinion on a feature but atleast have some credibility when sharing your experience on it, maybe talk about the right brand or product.

Update from Apple about the « failed » on stage Face ID demonstration, turns out Face ID just did its job.

Tonight, I was able to contact Apple. After examining the logs of the demo iPhone X, they now know exactly what went down. Turns out my first theory in this story was wrong--but my first UPDATE theory above was correct: "People were handling the device for stage demo ahead of time," says a rep, "and didn't realize Face ID was trying to authenticate their face. After failing a number of times, because they weren't Craig, the iPhone did what it was designed to do, which was to require his passcode." In other words, "Face ID worked as it was designed to."
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/14/apple-face-id-didnt-fail-keynote/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:58:45 AM by MrLoL² »

the iPhone Asuka
I've decided to switch from Android to Apple

I've decided to switch from Android to Apple
You shall revert that choice.