Poll

When do you feel the most creative?

I feel most creative in the morning
5 (7%)
I feel most creative during the day
9 (12.7%)
I feel most creative at night.
27 (38%)
I feel most creative very late at night.
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: When do you feel the most creative?  (Read 4853 times)

i have never felt stronger creative urges than when i have something more important to do

it mean he get real creative when soda is severely tired or exhausted

hit the nail on the head my man

I always find that I'm most creative when I don't have to be. It's loving annoying.

That, or I'll come up with concepts for characters or music in my head out of the blue without any way to jot them down and then I loving forget about it.

it comes randomly, and often when I have important stuff to get done or Im about to leave the house.

I always find that I'm most creative when I don't have to be. It's loving annoying.

That, or I'll come up with concepts for characters or music in my head out of the blue without any way to jot them down and then I loving forget about it.

this

When I finish eating something usually for some reason

im interested in why the brain does this. it seems like most people (including me) are noticeably more creative when its of inconvenience. when i worked in retail all i could think about while on the clock was my projects. how id animate them or what characters/backgrounds needed to be drawn, id get really hyped about it and really want to work on stuff, but as soon as i got home and actually sat down to work on them all motivation or ideas i had that day were lost and that drive just stopped on a dime

weird

Time of day has no effect on how creative I am, its more about what frame of mind I'm in and if I'm in a space conducive to focus or imagination

this

or I'll come up with concepts for characters or music in my head out of the blue without any way to jot them down and then I loving forget about it.

this too

-snip-
I also think it's very interesting how the majority of people answered that they felt the most creative very late at night in the poll.

I also think it's very interesting how the majority of people answered that they felt the most creative very late at night in the poll.

I am curious if that has anything to do with school/work during the daytime. People might consider themselves more creative at night simply because that's the only time they have to be creative.

When I've been awake for longer than 24hrs

in my experience im more "creative" late at night (in the sense of like drawing things outside of my comfort zone or w/e) because once i get tired enough i just kinda stop caring. most of the time im too much of a perfectionist to really comfortably draw whatever i want but if im sleep deprived im just like, forget it lets draw uhhhh komaeda self ship art who gives a stuff no one can stop me
although thats kind of specific i guess and maybe not to do with being creative in general. still tho i have that same reluctance to draw anything that im not already confident in my ability to draw even if its not at all Out There and i dont have that anxiety to the same degree when im tired. i may be slightly less good at drawing when im really tired but im better at taking the ideas i have and actually getting them onto paper because my perfectionism shuts off somewhat
and i figure that applies to other people too to some degree? im not eloquent enough to explain this but i read a post about it sometime like once u get tired enough youre less over-critical of your art so its easier to actually make it

also as for being more creative when you arent able to create things id think its just because wanting to make something and actually making something are two different things. if you literally dont have the ability to draw something (or create whatever idk im just saying drawing because Thats me) then you dont have to worry about it if that makes sense
when im like on a car ride and i cant do anything i can think about a bunch of things i want to draw and thats fun but actually sitting down and drawing, if its something im particularly bad at/not confident in, is. less fun. and just takes more effort, in general
plus it makes sense, if you really have nothing else to do then youre probably going to end up just thinking, and once you have other things to do youre probably going to end up doing other things. Procrastination