[Brick] 1RandomBrickPack Remastered

Author Topic: [Brick] 1RandomBrickPack Remastered  (Read 15726 times)

Can you fix ramp collision? Ive got ramps that suck dealing with.

Don't worry we took care of that :)

Don't worry we took care of that :)

Oh? How is that possible?
Some kind of mod that auto assigns .dts collision to ramps?
cause Ive got a lot of old ramp packs I want to not suck

I thought you were talking about the ramps in this pack. I made a fix for that years ago and gave those to Rally, so this shade fix also contains the collision fix for the long ramps. As for other possible ramps, I really don't have anything.

I think he's asking how you made the collision so smooth, I haven't made dts collision for bricks in a while now so I don't really know if this is correct. But I think having collision for a brick that's at like a 45 degree angle it tends to be sticky when the player walks over it. I think I fixed this in the past by just using edge split on that edge that tends to grab to the player, applying edge split to a collision mesh seems like it would be even more glitchy, but that's what I've always done.

If you did something different Barnabas let us know! I would love to learn some more tips and tricks that I haven't discovered yet.

What I mean is: I've got a lot of shoddy ramp brick packs that have less than good collisions, and don't really have any replacements for. I was hoping to shift some attention to them so that they could also be fixed.

I would love to see a group compile and polish up all old basic brick extensions. I'm fully prepared to make brick icons for any pack that lacks them (as I've done stuff like that before).
Is that a possibility, or would that be more work than it's worth?

I only made this because I always came across the issues I'm fixing and always wanted to fix this pack myself. But I think getting a group together and fixing old brick packs would be a fun experience.

I'd like to do packs that have been proven useful, like this pack. Not just random packs though.

What I mean is: I've got a lot of shoddy ramp brick packs that have less than good collisions, and don't really have any replacements for. I was hoping to shift some attention to them so that they could also be fixed.

I would love to see a group compile and polish up all old basic brick extensions. I'm fully prepared to make brick icons for any pack that lacks them (as I've done stuff like that before).
Is that a possibility, or would that be more work than it's worth?

Which are the ramps that need attention? I can't promise fast work, but I could perhaps fix those

Which are the ramps that need attention? I can't promise fast work, but I could perhaps fix those

The one that I use that still have box collision are Emils Small Ramp Pack, but it seems thats it.
I honestly forgot how much was in the 1RandomBrickPack. I could have sworn there were more.

Octobrick Update!

Still some issues with the uvs not lining up, but I may have a fix for that. But I figured I might aswell release something since this has gone dry for quite a few days.
Please re-download from the links in the newly redone op!

The one that I use that still have box collision are Emils Small Ramp Pack, but it seems thats it.
I honestly forgot how much was in the 1RandomBrickPack. I could have sworn there were more.

Do ramps that small really need a dts collision?

god this is great. are you still looking for suggestions? because tile bricks also have broken uvs and some of the longer tiles have uvs that arent proportioned right

Wait, this pack has tile bricks? Or are you referring to a different pack?

I'm referring to (i think) Brick_Tiles which are the plate bricks with the side texture on all sides. most of the bottom textures are backwards and side textures are disproportionate. I'd post a pic but I'm unable to

I think Emil created a better tile pack that's suppose to replace those

This is what Emil created

Do ramps that small really need a dts collision?

In most cases not really. I have instances where small players interact with them, but that's the only scenario other than when I use them to build a surface.