Author Topic: Am I the only person who thinks that most video games' lighting is too dark?  (Read 2285 times)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49472/?

mods like these piss me off

no i don't like my games dark i like being able to see where the forget i'm going please
it really depends on the game and what other mods you're using. if you're running some high damage, survival-y mods, dark nights is a cool idea because it punishes the player for poor planning and time management. i think mods like this work great in new vegas for example, where not only is there a light by default, but i can get mods for flashlights and night vision. you get a really good sense for progression because at level 1 you can't see stuff, but by level 20 night time doesn't even matter to you.

I also hate how that 'turn down until you can't see the logo anymore' calibration is always way off. Every single time I've ever used one of those I've had to make it so that the logo is completely visible to be able to actually play the game.

The "adjust logo until you can't see it" setting is dumb as forget. They're almost completely exclusive to stuffty console ports. I owned GTAV on console and PC at one point and I did notice that I had to push it much further back on PC than I did on TV

Just curious. Do you guys calibrate your monitors outside of games?

I also hate how that 'turn down until you can't see the logo anymore' calibration is always way off. Every single time I've ever used one of those I've had to make it so that the logo is completely visible to be able to actually play the game.
The "adjust logo until you can't see it" setting is dumb as forget. They're almost completely exclusive to stuffty console ports. I owned GTAV on console and PC at one point and I did notice that I had to push it much further back on PC than I did on TV
Yeah, like I posted earlier, the message is directed towards simpler people who would consider this 'barely visible'.

The problem is that simple people will just hit 'next', and smarter people will take the message literally and always be able to see the symbol no matter the setting.

I own the game on PS4 and I found it was still too dark with the setting where I could barely see the logo.

I hate games where night time is too damn dark
I like need to put my face to the screen at 100 brightness just to see stuff

Playing Fallout 3 and NV is a prime example, imo. I usually play with the brightness all the way up because even with the pipboy light on when you're crawling through metros or caves, you can't see stuff

Raise the brightness and gamma on your screen