Author Topic: why are SJW's panties in a wad about the american flag?  (Read 5111 times)

same reason your panties are in a wad over this: you're overly sensitive idiots who don't have enough to do so you go on the internet to look for problems to whine about even though they don't affect you in the slightest

other stuff that annoys me is when people break the US Flag Code. The only bad thing about adhering to it is that my favorite girls can't wear flag stockings anymore.

Quote from: United States Flag Code, Title 36, Chapter 10
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
    (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
    (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
    (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
    (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
    (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
    (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
    (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
    (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

rip american flag carrots

I don't understand the people that boo the kneeling players
Like they're literally creating a bigger disturbance than the players

you can pull up different stuff all you want but nobody's going to talk about it because the only issue people care about is the kneeling. don't do whataboutism.
that's not my problem??? you don't care about the points I present? that's on you.

i mean you can play dumb but it's pretty obvious that it's respectful to rise for the flag. you don't have to be a loving genius to understand that. plus the stupid stuff kaepernick said didn't help either
but why is it inherently disrespectful to kneel? because it's not standing? not a good enough argument for me.

kneeling has always been a gesture of respect. people saying it's outright disrespectful are just crazy tbh. "it's disrespecting the military!!!" soldiers fight so that we are free and if people feel like other people are not free then they are free to state in whatever way that people are not free. it's probably the stupidest argument i've ever heard and all these overly patriotic people complaining and being stupid is just baffling to me

if they wanted to disrespect the military/flag/anthem they could have done something y'know ACTUALLY disrespectful

kneeling has always been a gesture of respect. people saying it's outright disrespectful are just crazy tbh.

which is exactly why everyone kneels for the flag. great.

kaepernick even said it wasn't a gesture of respect so trying to do mental gymnastics to make it sound respectful is dumb

"it's disrespecting the military!!!" soldiers fight so that we are free and if people feel like other people are not free then they are free to state in whatever way that people are not free. it's probably the stupidest argument i've ever heard and all these overly patriotic people complaining and being stupid is just baffling to me

the only points i've argued is that kaepernick kneeling/saying dumb stuff is handicapped and the nfl has a right to fire people. that's it
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:39:46 PM by Anthony Fuckstick »

which is exactly why everyone kneels for the flag. great.

kaepernick even said it wasn't a gesture of respect so trying to do mental gymnastics to make it sound respectful is dumb
the point is that you can show respect without standing.

quote? even then, that doesn't mean it's inherently disrespectful unless he explicitly said "me kneeling was to show disrespect to xyz and i advise fellow sports players to do so as well" it wasn't a gesture of blatant disrespect, he was just making a statement to bring attention to some problems. opinions on said problems are irrelevant. he could have made the same statement by actually being disrespectful.

still tho the fact that im seeing the words "kneeling" and "disrespectful" being associated with each other at all is crazy.

the point is that you can show respect without standing.

that's not what anybody is doing though. if they were it'd be really weird since if both things are respectful what's the point of kneeling. they're all trying to bring attention to some stupid blm cause like america oppressing black people or whatever, which gets extra funny when you realize obama was still president when the whole fad started.

still tho the fact that im seeing the words "kneeling" and "disrespectful" being associated with each other at all is crazy.

i don't know what to tell you. that's what it is.

edit:
quote?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#U.S._national_anthem_protest

The only bad thing about adhering to it is that my favorite girls can't wear flag stockings anymore.
actually as long as it doesn't have the stars it's usually fine because then it's not considered a flag. most of the stuff about wearing it or using it as anything but a flag is mostly just about using an actual flag for that stuff anyway

Wasn't Annoying Orange winning supposed to mean you wouldn't have to keep complaining about the libs? Guess he really didn't change anyone's lives for the better.

Wasn't Annoying Orange winning supposed to mean you wouldn't have to keep complaining about the libs? Guess he really didn't change anyone's lives for the better.

i've never heard that

i mean a literal meme twitter troll won against a sophisticated and rigged dnc, i think you can stop complaining about sjws for a few years lmfao