GTT Viano City development *official thread*

Author Topic: GTT Viano City development *official thread*  (Read 2196 times)

Welcome back to Viano City. Viano City used to be a famous map in Blockland five years ago before the terrain and interiors were replaced by the shadows and shader update in 2012. It's almost five years later and people still love this map so much.

Last week I've decided to rebuild Viano City for version 21, using the ModTer bricks and a special modified color set. The desert, military base, buildings and much other stuff still needs to be made. This Viano City will be a little different, but will stay pretty much the same.

FAQ
Q: Will there be easter-eggs?
A: Yes.

Q: Will the airport be longer then it used to be in the original map?
A: Yes. This was always painful for the larger passenger planes to take-off. The airport will also be made more realistic.

Q: Will the original buildings be rebuild?
A: Yes, except one house. The mansion will not return and be replaced by a special villa house.

Q: Can the original road textures be made again using ModTer bricks?
A: This can be done, I will need to figure out how since I never made print bricks.

Q: Can I beta-test?
A: There wont be any beta testers needed since this is made out of bricks.

Q: You were working on GTT Blocko Santos after Viano City was released. Why it was never been finished?
A: Blocko Santos had to be the most ambitious city I've ever made. When Kompressor announced the shadows and shader update in February 2012, I knew that it would be useless to finish the map in time before the update would be released. The map still exits today, but the Torque Constructor files of the map have been lost for ever when I had a HDD crash in 2014.

But yes, I will finish Blocko Santos too in bricks.

Old video's
Viano City trailer 1
Viano City trailer 2

Here is another interesting concept that is screaming to be build.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:27:46 PM by Antares »

cant wait to see it done!

oh christ i remember this
i cant wait to see your progress, i always loved playing with bots on that map

i loved zapt servers with this map <3

Awesome, can't wait to play on this when it's done!!

Will this be hosted and available to the public to explore soon?