script_superhat

Author Topic: script_superhat  (Read 13617 times)

Depends on what slots you mount to.
Set a hat to 0, all guns get forgeted. Set a hat to 1, any left handed thing gets forgeted. And I think 2 would prevent you from emoting. Kind of the reason why something like this hasn't been made before. But at least you added in the fact that the hat doesn't fly off when you do these things. Sacrifice for style.
one thing you can do for slot 2 is remove all emitter mounting (from the player) and instead have it call to mount an invisible bot to the player and play the emitter/emote mounted on that bot, so it will simulate the emotes and emitters

You don't want to credit the person who made this?
if you look in description.txt it shows buddy as the author.
which is expected because buddy knows everything.

one thing you can do for slot 2 is remove all emitter mounting (from the player) and instead have it call to mount an invisible bot to the player and play the emitter/emote mounted on that bot, so it will simulate the emotes and emitters
Though let's be honest. The only emote people frequently use is alarm and I'm pretty sure it works fine, because it uses a projectile instead of a mountedimage.

if you look in description.txt it shows buddy as the author.
which is expected because buddy knows everything.
buddy didn't know how to tie his shoe.

can we stop talking about buddy and instead talk about how brilliant i am for coming up for this addon

bith wtf i made superhat theivin lil brother

can i get uhhhh.... event version please

Though let's be honest. The only emote people frequently use is alarm and I'm pretty sure it works fine, because it uses a projectile instead of a mountedimage.
well i mean, there's stuff like quake type burn effect, the pain emote, etc. its just better to make a hacky replacement that doesn't use up the slots

can i get uhhhh.... event version please

Code (server-side):

function GameConnection::SuperHat(%client, %opt, %id, %hat)
{
   if(%opt == 0)        %opt = "toggle";
   else if(%opt == 1)   %opt = "get";
   else if(%opt == 2)   %opt = "set";
   else if(%opt == 3)   %opt = "remove";
   else                 return;

servercmdSuperHat(%client, %opt, %id, %hat);
}

//Create a list for options, then create an integer limit from 0-3, but default is 1, then a string for a dum hat
registerOutputEvent("GameConnection", "SuperHat", "list toggle 0 get 1 set 2 remove 3" TAB "int 0 3 1" TAB "string 50 50");

dunno if it works but it looks like it'll work to me
(Event: OnBlah > Client > SuperHat)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:29:31 PM by Kyuande »

So, when do we get the formal release?

op is showing off someone else's work, i remember back when people got banned without putting proper credit.

when buddy decides to stop being an autistic bitch and release his addons outside of muh sekrit sircle

when buddy decides to stop being an autistic bitch and release his addons outside of muh sekrit sircle

Oh. Hmm

why not make a bot with no model and mount it to the player and then mount hats to that

why not make a bot with no model and mount it to the player and then mount hats to that
call it a hatbot