Author Topic: google pixel 2 actually doesn't have a headphone jack  (Read 4297 times)

https://store.google.com/?utm_source=hpp&utm_medium=google_oo&utm_campaign=GS100077
ho boy, prepare yourselves.
google announced some stuff, and ho boy, we've got some sin coming right your way:
-google pixel 2 has no headphone jack, and although it includes an adapter, buying one separately will cost twice as much as an apple lightning-to-3.5mm adapter
-the google home max, pretty much a beefed up google home, is $100 more expensive than even apple's homepod
-the google pixelbook is a $1000 chromebook. yes, that's right, a thousand bucks for just a damn facebook machine. oh, and it has a $100 pen that you can get separately, too
congratulations on turning into apple, google. guess whenever i need a new phone i'll look somewhere else for something that actually has a jack built into it.

honestly getting pissy about the prices of things is kinda stupid. just ended up rewriting the title to focus on the actual problem here, which is that it really is stupid that these phones are starting to have no jacks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:44:26 PM by Mr Queeba »

didn't you make a topic about this before

didn't you make a topic about this before
yes, about rumors of the google pixel 2 not having a jack. however, now it's real, and there's other stupid stuff they're pulling off as well.

It's a competition to see which company can shoot itself in the foot with the biggest gun

lol at people buying each generation of phone the moment it comes out

It's a competition to see which company can shoot itself in the foot with the biggest gun
difference is google still has everything else to make money if this doesnt go well. apple is forgeted, google is just burning money

Queeba, is there anybody who works for a profit that doesn't get your panties in a tizzy? Honestly, it seems like you get offended by the notion of businesses existing to make money by providing goods and services at profit.

Of course, Nintendo could never be evil. Let's all praise Nintendo for not lowering themselves to the "scummy standards" of all these other companies you hate...

still better than android

I've never seen someone so angry about phones they don't own

its interesting to see people demonize tech companies for making expensive products meanwhile 50% of all companies in the world produced overpriced products anyways

this stuff is a year's salary and people still buy it. why? because they make the product for expensive business people, not 16 year old virgins on lego forums lol. if you're really looking to get your money's worth in a product, buy a $15 flip phone

price aside, the removal of headphone jacks is an objectively terrible business choice
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:36:06 PM by PhantOS »

I've never seen someone so angry about phones they don't own
who are you

ended up rewriting the title of the post because it is actually pretty stupid to criticize the prices of these things like i did. the headphone jack thing is still pretty stupid in my opinion tho

objectively bad business decision, no i won't buy your expensive loving bluetooth headphones when they're 2-3x as expensive as a wired pair of equivalent quality and no i'm not carrying around a fragile loving $35 dongle so i can listen to music, then get forgeted when i want to charge and listen to music at the same time. I'll buy a different damn phone instead.

I think if you sell a product for double what it's worth then that's just bad, especially if it doesn't even have a headphone jack.