Movies or Games you thought would be stuffty, but turned out o.k

Author Topic: Movies or Games you thought would be stuffty, but turned out o.k  (Read 2322 times)

my gf brought over her collection of movies and merged them with mine, and in due time I watched many of them, some of them okay, some of them downright horrible. One title I always remember looking at and thinking "yeah i'm not watching that stuff"

MOVIE
Along Came Polly (with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston)
to be honest, the movie was okay, even a bit funny at times. I'm not particularly a fan of Ben Stiller or Jennifer Aniston - and the title of the movies itself is pretty lame so I was expecting the movie to suck - to my surprise it was actually an o.k film

GAME
Guilty Gear 2: Overture - XBOX 360
Initially, I thought this game was going to be garbage, but what do you expect when you get a cheap game though gamestop trade. I was wrong. This game has got to be one of the best real time strategy action games with a "dynasty warriors" esque base capture system that I have ever played. Really upset that I lost this game during my last move

PLEASE DONT FLOP THE DISCUSSION! EVERYONE HAS BOUGHT A GAME OR MOVIE THEY THOUGHT WOULD BE GREAT AND TURNED OUT TO BE stuff. THIS IS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE EFFECT

/go
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:45:43 AM by Goth77 »

I bought Undertale on sale under the impression it would be stuffty, and then it turned out to be stuffty, and so I felt okay about myself.

I remember several cartoons that I thought were going to be boring and annoying going into them and they actually turned out being pretty loving great

adventure time for example

I bought Undertale on sale under the impression it would be stuffty, and then it turned out to be stuffty, and so I felt okay about myself.

i thought terraria would be really stuff. same thing with minecraft, player since beta.
i also expected tf2 to keel over and die the day after it went f2p.

I bought Undertale on sale under the impression it would be stuffty, and then it turned out to be eh, and so I felt okay about myself.

music's pretty eh too. i can jam to it, but not praise it.
anyway

blender learning process
modelling for blockland
rep here
forming and defending opinions

and more that i can't think of

I thought the new planet of the apes franchise was gonna be complete garbage. Turns out it wasn't complete garbage. Also with Steven Universe (despite being sjw lesbian propaganda).

The rule of thumb for me is that is a game disappoints massively I will find its sequel less disappointing because of my lowered standards.

Halo 4 - Xbox 360

I was first spectical on what changes they made to the game when it first came out, I had played halo 2 and 3 prior to 4's release and I really enjoyed the story but as soon as I figured out they'd changed everything in the story I wasn't really happy with it. I remember buying it and playing the first two levels then just shutting it off and never playing it again. I played it the next year again and actually liked it

Saints row 2 - PC

Most people I knew said that saints row 2 is like the sequel to GTA SA and it was a brilliant game, I saw videos of it and wasn't really sure whether it was good or not so I bought the 2nd one along with the 3rd one with all DLC and 4th one with all DLC on the steam summer sale. Upon playing the second one I loving loved it, it really did remind me a lot of GTA SA and the character customization was brilliant. It's where the series got to the 3rd and 4th game where stuff wasn't good, I really didn't enjoy what they did to the 3rd game.

Day of Defeat - PC

A WW2 shooter game? Oh boy its gonna be fun... Well it actually was.

The Sims 3 - PC

"Open World is going to ruin the game!" Fun times.

Metroid Prime - Gamecube

Oh boy, a metroid that is a first person shooter? After all of this time? And its headed by a new studio? Its going to be stuff!

That was my head before the game released. You can see my opinion changed when i say that its my favorite metroid game.

i thought dunkirk was gonna be another stuffty ww2 movie

it's now my favorite film

i thought dunkirk was gonna be another stuffty ww2 movie

it's now my favorite film
hey that's actually a pretty good example, i felt a similar way
i mean i wouldn't say it's my favorite but it was good

I thought the Princess Bride would be stuff.

Of course, at that moment, I was literally the kid at the start of the movie.