Anyone got a discord bot that connects with a Blockland server?

Author Topic: Anyone got a discord bot that connects with a Blockland server?  (Read 3930 times)

Trying to figure out how to make a discord bot that'd check server status and receive messages from the server
e.g.
Code: [Select]
The Server is online!
[REPORT] from Jack Noir: "hi"
The Server is offline!

I don't know, Discord is a peice of stuff. I'm currently getting pissed at how handicappedly difficult it is to set up a server bot.

https://twentysix26.github.io/Red-Docs/red_guide_bot_accounts/#logging-in-with-a-token

I'm stuck at "Logging in with a token" part. I have the token number, but I don't know what the forget to do with it! All it says is "Upon startup, you will get a screen that looks like this"

UPON STARTUP OF WHAT?! DISCORD?! I DON'T SEE THAT ANYWHERE. AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAVE SPENT THE LAST HOUR LOOKING FOR HOW TO GET TO THIS "SCREEN" AND I AM REACHING THE END OF MY GODDAMN PATIENCE! HOW IN THE ACTUAL forget DO YOU FIND THIS

Not to mention I can't find a way to get to here without having it bookmarked in the browser
or google searching DURR HURR "DISCORD DEVELOPER APPS" every single loving time
https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me
Isn't there a way to get to this stuff IN THE ACTUAL DOWNLOADED PROGRAM!?!?!???

loving hell this program is a peice of stuff they really couldn't have done a better job making simple stuff so overly complicated

It's crazily easy to make a bot.
Also that page is right here.

And your token is right here on your bot page.

I currently have a private bot that does this, if you want to set it up for your server just send me a message at Pah1023#9624
It doesn't show when the server goes online/offline due to the fact it'd require a heartbeat to reliably do it.

Pah, I know how to get the token, I have the loving token, but where do I put it?

And I was asking how to get to that "developers page" through the actual discord installed PROGRAM - you know, so you can set up and manage "apps" from the discord program installed?

Pah, I know how to get the token, I have the loving token, but where do I put it?

And I was asking how to get to that "developers page" through the actual discord installed PROGRAM - you know, so you can set up and manage "apps" from the discord PROGRAM you installed?
Why would you need to get to it through the discord program, it's something that'd you rarely need access but maybe once or twice through the entire development of your bot.
It'd do nothing but clutter the UI somewhere.
Additionally you put that token in the client for the "Red" bot which you install here https://twentysix26.github.io/Red-Docs/red_install_windows/
Keep in mind, that is a user made bot and discord as far as I know doesn't offer any bots already made.

Okay so then....I have to install Red to use a Bot on my Discord Server?

Okay so then....I have to install Red to use a Bot on my Discord Server?
I guess, I don't know, I wrote my own bot using Discord4J instead of using someone else's program.

It's crazily easy to make a bot.

I guess, I don't know, I wrote my own bot using Discord4J instead of using someone else's program.

now it doesn't sound so easy

now it doesn't sound so easy
Of course it wont be easy if you make one from scratch - if you understand how a bot works it should not be as bad

i dont understand how something works therefor its stuffty and confusing

i dont understand how something works therefor its stuffty and confusing
No, they just make the process seem easier than it is, and I wasn't aware that you needed RED to do so

IMO setting up a quakenet IRC bot was much easier

At most it'd take 150-200 lines of code, with java that's an extremely low amount.
All you'd need to do is with Discord4J login to your bot and set up a listener for messages and relay them to Blockland through a TCP and vice versa for Blockland's end.
Of course it wont be easy if you make one from scratch - if you understand how a bot works it should not be as bad
Considering how I was able to do it within an hour of coding not knowing much about java at the time I'd say it's easy.

gothboy thinks the earth is flat unironically do you really expect him to know how to make a bot

No, they just make the process seem easier than it is, and I wasn't aware that you needed RED to do so

IMO setting up a quakenet IRC bot was much easier
You do not need Red to do this, it was a recommendation. Its not that hard if you learn the API and whatever program goes with the API. No one will spoonfeed the information - people do not learn this way and then claim that they made it on their own.

You do not need Red to do this, it was a recommendation. Its not that hard if you learn the API and whatever program goes with the API. No one will spoonfeed the information - people do not learn this way and then claim that they made it on their own.
I guess I was just hoping that discord had an easier way of setting a bot up

gothboy thinks the earth is flat unironically do you really expect him to know how to make a bot
When the forget did I say that?!?