[HUGE loving NEWS] Major security flaw discovered in WPA2 protocol

Author Topic: [HUGE loving NEWS] Major security flaw discovered in WPA2 protocol  (Read 5164 times)

thank god i'm using ethernet lmao

oh
oh stuff
also how the forget yall brothers aint using ethernet lol
i would be if our modem wasn't on the opposite side of my house

how do so many people have unlimited data wtf
so jealous
cuz i'm on my dad's wireless plan

loving devastating.

Also I'd like to point out that this is a client side issue; any device running android 6.0 or later for example is completely vulnerable to having any and all of their packets captured through any wifi connection. The only way this is going to be fixed is if manufacturers push out updates to all their devices to patch this severe flaw.

However if you're running a VPN that encrypts web traffic, are on ethernet, or are on an HTTPS secured website, you're safe.

i would be if our modem wasn't on the opposite side of my house
then just get one of those super duper long ethernet cords
and then hold it up to your walls using clips

any device running android 6.0 or later
>i'm still stuck on 4.4

sweats

this is an event where android's fragmentation becomes a problem - there are so many android devices out there running all kinds of versions, and many of them will take a long time to get updates / (even more common) have stopped getting updates due to dropped manufacturer support. it's a pretty big issue.

this is an event where android's fragmentation becomes a problem - there are so many android devices out there running all kinds of versions, and many of them will take a long time to get updates / (even more common) have stopped getting updates due to dropped manufacturer support. it's a pretty big issue.
I'm actually wanting to root my phone and install a custom rom on it for this exact reason, but I'm scared of bricking my phone lmao

so i shouldnt log into my bank account then??

so i shouldnt log into my bank account then??
not on public wifi, at home you're probably ok since i doubt people are just gonna drive around sniffing wifi networks for passwords n stuff

Ethernet for the win!

[HUGE loving NEWS] pie crust says something intelligent

not on public wifi, at home you're probably ok since i doubt people are just gonna drive around sniffing wifi networks for passwords n stuff
okay Im at uni anyways so probably not the best idea then?

i live in the middle of nowhere too so home should be safe I guess

my college took all the ethernet ports out of the dorms this summer >:[