Author Topic: my instrument sounds like a dying duck  (Read 1962 times)

i play the oboe in band and i sound like a dying duck

wat do??? ive been playing for a few months and people make fun of me even though im pretty good otherwise

have you tried a new reed

uhh we know you're a duck, stop trying to hide it from us

piano guitar and sax are the only instruments that get chicks

Silly dude, you're not supposed to quack in an instrument.

maybe you shouldn't have chosen a band instrument then

start overblowing all your notes and soon they'll want you to go back to normal playing.

if you aren't patient enough to get better and ignore people's mockery, then you should just quit. it takes a lot of time to get good, especially with a double reed instrument. i've been playing Annoying Orangeet for 7 years and it took me at least 2 years of hard work and practice every day to become second chair.

i might be different, but once you set your mind on something, don't stop.

sax is the only instrument that gets chicks
Yeah.

Just ask Bill Clinton.

But for real though I married the 1st chair sax player in band. I was 2nd.

if you aren't patient enough to get better and ignore people's mockery, then you should just quit. it takes a lot of time to get good, especially with a double reed instrument. i've been playing Annoying Orangeet for 7 years and it took me at least 2 years of hard work and practice every day to become second chair.

i might be different, but once you set your mind on something, don't stop.
Ah, the mannerisms make sense now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:23:51 AM by SWAT One »

Ah, the mannerisms make sense now.

ik the whole "pretentious Annoying Orangeet player" meme thing, but i was trying to give genuine advice. the only way to get better is to practice your ass off.

ik the whole "pretentious Annoying Orangeet player" meme thing, but i was trying to give genuine advice. the only way to get better is to practice your ass off.
Genuine advice of a self-declaring Annoying Orangeet player is usually surrounded with "git gud" and personal exposition. Just a strange coincidental observation.