Author Topic: windows 10 can't install fall creators update  (Read 1239 times)

i tried to install the new update but the installation errored out at 12% with this error

apparently the cbs manifest is corrupt but after doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
it still happens
also i can't reinstall windows because i don't have any backup to put my files in

buy a 64gb flash drive off amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-METAL-Flash-MUF-64BA-AM/dp/B013CCTJKE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508701868&sr=8-3&keywords=64+gb+usb+drive

and backup all your important non-game stuff including your activation key, then reinstall windows is all i can suggest

the reason you're having trouble even after having run DISM is because it can't grab the files it needs through the windows update service to fix the problem. If you have a windows install disc, use the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

where the highlighted text is the location of the windows install on the disc.

the reason you're having trouble even after having run DISM is because it can't grab the files it needs through the windows update service to fix the problem. If you have a windows install disc, use the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

where the highlighted text is the location of the windows install on the disc.
i already did that but the log says that no corruption has been found

Use the Disk Cleanup Tool to delete all Temporary Windows Installation and Windows Setup files. You may wish to disconnect any USB devices outside of your mouse and keyboard and disable WiFi when you attempt the upgrade again.

I would also highly recommend temporarily uninstalling any unnecessary applications and device drivers until after the upgrade process. Some software is known to fiddle with Windows in ways it doesn't like. Uninstall all your USB drivers and unplug them, and get rid of anti-virus, updater and other Startup applications until you've successfully upgraded.

Given that all the websites that discuss this code are in a foreign language, I'm assuming there's a problem with the language pack (likely German, French or Russian). See if you can't temporarily uninstall/update that and/or switch to English until the upgrade is through.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:04:31 PM by McJob »

Use the Disk Cleanup Tool to delete all Temporary Windows Installation and Windows Setup files. You may wish to disconnect any USB devices outside of your mouse and keyboard and disable WiFi when you attempt the upgrade again.

I would also highly recommend temporarily uninstalling any unnecessary applications and device drivers until after the upgrade process. Some software is known to fiddle with Windows in ways it doesn't like. Uninstall all your USB drivers and unplug them, and get rid of anti-virus, updater and other Startup applications until you've successfully upgraded.

Given that all the websites that discuss this code are in a foreign language, I'm assuming there's a problem with the language pack (likely German, French or Russian). See if you can't temporarily uninstall/update that and/or switch to English until the upgrade is through.
alright
i'll try that

on an unrelated note
the update installer said that uxstyle was no longer supported
i tried to use the uninstaller but this stuff happened

windows 10 stop being gay pls

My computer has successfully updated but now it has been stuck on this screen for the past 10 minutes

It doesn't have any hdd activity
Is it safe to manually reboot?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:20:16 PM by 77x5ghost2 »