Author Topic: Need help exporting animated models.  (Read 416 times)

So I have blender, and I'm importing various models. Some are .dts using the dts importer add-on for blender, others are things I've made or gotten elsewhere. They all seem to display fine in blender. The problem is I can't seem to find anyway to export them that doesn't have some sort of issue. My original model format was wavefront object, which isn't animated. So after looking around, I switched to Collada (.dae) files. The default exporter for blockland exports the model fine, but if it's animated then it will export all the nodes at the same location, making the model look like a jumbled mess. So I got the "better Collada exporter" add-on, which actually can export animations. Except it doesn't export materials or textures, and it tries to export all animations as one big animation. So all animations effect all nodes on every frame. It also rounds out every animation to 250 frames, even if the actual animation was only 10 frames long. So with this exporter there's no ability to play multiple animations simultaneously. I've considered using software other than blender, but it all costs a lot of money, and might not even work for my needs.

So, what software/model format should I use if I want models with multiple separate animations and materials?

Just to be sure, you trying to get these models into blockland? As far as I know Blockland does not support animated .dae

No, one of my own programs.
So theoretically I could try and work with any format.