Author Topic: [Updated: 10/30/17] Help thread - Need a solution before posting?  (Read 1228 times)

Hi, are you stuck on something and cannot figure it out? Check these topics before posting in help and see if you can fix your issue!
Topic is in progress and some answers may be vague or incorrect, so if they are, please help me revise them.

Notes in help section:
+ Always provide a console log - It is very useful for others to see what's going on in your Blockland, maybe it's just an add-on conflict, or some hardware problem, etc. If you avoid providing a console log most of the time we cannot fix your problem unless it is very detailed, it is highly recommended to post a console log. The log is located in your Blockland folder under "console.log", make sure Blockland is closed before uploading the console log somewhere. Use sites like Google Drive, Pastebin, Dropbox, Mega, Mediafire (not recommended but an option) if log is too big to upload on the forum.
+ Be specific as possible as you can be - if you're giving out bad descriptions we will not understand the problem, and we will most likely answer it incorrectly, good example for being specific: "my blockland crashed when I walked into a 2x4 brick" -> ok example: "my blockland crashed when i walked into a brick" -> bad example: "my blockland crashed" (I am sure the ambiguous rule will kick in from here). If you want help, we need help from you too.

Where is my Blockland folder??? (See "How to install add-ons")
If you are on steam, you should be able to right click the game and go to file location
If not on steam, usually it is under your documents.

My Blockland is having sqlite errors! (I/O error / file problems)
Cache: Blockland/cache.db is unable to be written, you need to make sure your blockland folder is not read only entirely (right click the folder, go to properties, uncheck read-only, apply)

For I/O problems - usually this is rare but it's due to permissions caused by software you installed that claims different permissions on certain folders/files - to fix this you will need to right click the file/folder and to go security, advanced, and change the owner from there by entering your username in the text box.

Macintosh:
Unfortunately Blockland is barely supporting macs, and there is no way of fixing problems - unless you install Wine.

My Blockland is crashing (hosting / not hosting)
If it started from the beginning, could be a driver problem.
If it started after installing a "few" add-ons, there's most likely a bad add-on in the bunch that caused your crashing, put all recent add-ons you installed into another folder and install one or two at a time. If it crashes during this process, you will most likely find the problem.

I cannot find an add-on!
First, look at this archive: http://swololol.com/rtb - If you do not see what you want, move on.
Use Blockland Forums search button. Select Add-Ons and Modification Help for a specific add-on - or select one of the other categories that relate to what you are trying to find (music/face/decal/print/etc). If you know who the author of the post is, may be a lot easier to find it (replace the * with the author (whoever posted it) - their in-game name may be different so try to avoid putting that author in if you have no clue who exactly posted the add-on)
Example:

The more you search the better you will find stuff - so before you post a topic in S&R please make sure to use the search button and use tons of keywords along with methods (use spaces, combine words, etc). Some add-ons may be in General Discussion, so only select that after not finding add-ons in Add-Ons and Mod Help due to tons of posts making it harder to search. If you check everything always note that you are only making it tougher on yourself finding what you want.

This topic is in progress, and definitely will have some vague/incorrect answers for a while. It's all I can write for now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:17:31 PM by Kyuande »

Reserved in case I run out of space

how do i make my mac a windows without buying anything or downloading anything

u dont

Very nice. Would recommend adding some stuff on the commands to find specific things like trace.

pretty sure you need to download something
since it's like like games or addons aren't downloaded either

Added: "How to use the search button"

henlo yes how do i make sockland run on my grandma's intel celery on