Why are seat belt laws a thing?

Author Topic: Why are seat belt laws a thing?  (Read 1888 times)

Seems like not having laws requiring people to wear seat belts would be a REALLY great exercise of natural selection.

same reason attempted Self Delete is illegal

because the government wants to keep stupid people alive so they can create idiocracy

so dumb people don't get their children killed

Because seeing a body with its entire front scraped to the bone is traumatizing

because the government wants to keep stupid people alive so they can create idiocracy
holy forget.........

because they're the only things keeping xr-7 alive

so dumb people don't get their children killed
They shouldn't be reproducing to begin with so it's like killing 2 stones with 1 bird.

realistically, the seatbelt laws in the USA are not restrictive enough. in Europe, cars cannot start unless the seatbelt is on.

They shouldn't be reproducing to begin with so it's like killing 2 stones with 1 bird.
and then the children have nobody to care for them and get put into the extraordinarily stuffty foster care system

Why are any laws a thing?
Why is humanity a thing?
Why are things a thing?

my car doesn't even have seatbelts

I knew a dude who was a first responder, he said that he's never had to cut a seatbelt off of a dead body.

I dunno if that's true or an exaggeration, but the point is still there. Wear your loving seatbelt.

my car doesn't even have seatbelts
How does the seatbelt law work if you are in car from a year before seatbelts were required in them? As far as I know your car only has to comply to safety requirements of when it was made.

How does the seatbelt law work if you are in car from a year before seatbelts were required in them? As far as I know your car only has to comply to safety requirements of when it was made.
that is correct, although you can install aftermarket seatbelts if you so choose