/title

a whole lot
a lot
sorta
a little
not much
not at all
my life was ruined forever

Author Topic: how much did the blockland forums shape who u r 2day  (Read 2301 times)

I've genuinely curious how many lives would've been affected if the BLFs never existed so now's the time I must strike.

If you're wondering why, don't worry about, feel free to post your story here while you're at it.

it's a bit out of character but reading through what i was typing i honestly couldn't understand any of it so i'm gonna go ahead and write coherently

So basically, when I joined, I was completely antisocial and didn't know at all when to and not to joke. What happened as a result of that is that, on the forums, I was yelled at and was constantly misunderstood considering I didn't know how to create tone in writing or how to be social. In real life, it took me literal years to figure out who was and who wasn't a good friend, and who I should connect with---didn't really help when I was moving halfway across the country every two years.
Slowly, over time, this place shaped me and taught me how to be social. For instance, when to talk, how to talk, how to pull off a good joke, how to pull off a stupid joke, etc. Really showed me how to shape myself into the kind of person I wanted to be but couldn't get across. See. back at that point, I was constantly concerned about what everyone else thought about me, so I just ended up kissing the cool people's asses until they became """friends""" with me the same way that all the popular kids usually are. What happened here is that all the chill people who rightfully didn't like these guys started to hate me as a result of that. When I moved to california and really didn't get any social experience for two years straight apart from this place, I started to realize that I needed to go out and do stuff, talk to people at least, but I really couldn't since all my neighbors just knew me as the antisocial kid with the wonky-ass haircut. Thankfully I was moving away pretty soon later so I just held it out and tried to grasp as much as I could about how to make friends, how to actually be satisfied with life and be more than a dipstuff robot.
So, cut to Virginia, the first few months was extremely awkward since I was still shifting into a better way of life, but the problem is that everybody who liked me did it because I kissed their ass at the start of the year. This really forgetin sucked since later, when they actually like me, I feel like half the reason is just because I sucked up to them x months ago and they only half like me. It took me a bit but posting more and being more friendly on the forums made me figure out that I shouldn't even give half a stuff about what xyz popular kid likes me since the only people I actually want to like me are the ones that would in the first place. May sound confusing but it's hard to put into words.

Tl;dr, looking at this place and browsing/posting in this godforsaken website has taught me how to make friends, how to keep friends, and even managed to cure me of my antisocialness. Lately it's motivated me to reach further in certain skills and to actually care about not only my future but my friends' futures too, and gave me a perspective of how me just talking to them affects everything. It's the little things that matter, whether you're talking figuratively or practically
Basically, I'd probably be crying somewhere in a ditch if I never stayed at this place

probably my eleventh edit by now: just remembered that i figured out how to sleep pretty recently because of this place too
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:38:18 PM by Drydess »

i would blame you guys for a lot of wasted time but realistically i would have wasted it on reddit or something anyway

on the other hand a lot of my friends are from the blf so that's cool

what did he say forums
i believe he said -
DAMN U DRY U EDITED BEFORE I POSTED

DAMN U DRY U POSTED BEFORE I NINJAEDITED

this forum is responsible for one of my special interestes

and thus the drydess-gr8day rivalry was born

i used to be the kind of guy who walks into a place and goes "uwu h-hi" and now im not so im happy about that

drydress' story made me cry

on the forums? it shaped me into not giving a forget about the opinions of 14 year old autistic kids with no real social life
off the forums? this place shaped jack stuff about me as a person and if it did i'd probably kill myself. the only things this place made me realize is that politics is for politicians and noone else
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:47:43 PM by Red Spy »

not really at all. i just matured more as time passed.