[blogland] father in hospital

Author Topic: [blogland] father in hospital  (Read 1292 times)

so.. stuff looks like it's gonna go grim again for me folks. my dad is the only one who works in the house, and he's in the hospital for an infected finger. he has an infection that likely can only be treated by IV, but he has had a history of drug use so he likely will end up going to a treatment center for six weeks. in that time, me and my family are gonna have to find a source of income of our own.

stuff's forgeted, yo. if I stop posting, it's probably because we couldn't pay bills.

Good luck! Finding a good job quickly is tough, moreso having the thought of your dad in the hospital in your head.

aw man, hope things turn out well for u guys

Spend every moment you can with him. I hope to god nothing goes wrong, but time heals wounds; not regret.

I am sorry to hear this...but I do wonder...how the hell did the infection in his finger get so bad...did he just let it go?

I once thought I might have to go to the hospital for an infected thumb (chewed the hangnail too much) IT HURT LIKE HELL and I so just wanted to go the the hospital and have it drained or whatever, but I aint got the $ for that stuff so I manned up and took a pairing knife and sliced the bitch open myself. IT HURT LIKE A MOTHERloving BITCH for about 8 seconds and then it was instant relief afterwards. During the next hour or two while it was a fresh gash, I squeezed pus and bloody pus from from the wound until it was just blood coming out. Eventually after a week or so it was healed and I was only left with a small scar on my thumb

sorry to hear that OP
gimme your location so i can give ur dad a big ol smooch on the finger and make it better

I am sorry to hear this...but I do wonder...how the hell did the infection in his finger get so bad...did he just let it go?
it was actually at typo in the OP, he has an infection in his chest and a bone infection too. he ignored it for about a week before going to the hospital.

very good news! my father only has to be at the treatment center for his IV medication, and he can leave for the rest of the day to work and do other stuff.

very good news! my father only has to be at the treatment center for his IV medication, and he can leave for the rest of the day to work and do other stuff.
Yay!

it was actually at typo in the OP, he has an infection in his chest and a bone infection too. he ignored it for about a week before going to the hospital.

oh stuff

phew that's good to hear. Is he starting to feel any better?

phew that's good to hear. Is he starting to feel any better?
should get out of the hospital on Monday