Rian Johnson to create an all new Star Wars trilogy (+ New Live Action Show)

Author Topic: Rian Johnson to create an all new Star Wars trilogy (+ New Live Action Show)  (Read 1001 times)

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

The Last Jedi must've been good enough for Disney to have the balls to give Rian charge of an entire new trilogy. They claim it's gonna be completely separate from the Skywalker Saga and "Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

Old Republic anyone?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:37:48 AM by Cowboy Dude »

star wars without the skywalkers is like a car without an ignition

Old Republic anyone?

Only in our dreams... especially considering how Disney says that extended universe isn't canon.

UPDATE: http://collider.com/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-2019

We're apparently going to get a Star Wars live action series coming to Disney's streaming service. Anything can happen!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:45:04 AM by Cowboy Dude »

UPDATE: http://collider.com/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-2019

We're apparently going to get a Star Wars live action series coming to Disney's streaming service. Anything can happen!

I knew this was coming. It was only a matter of time...

The Last Jedi must've been good enough for Disney to have the balls to give Rian charge of an entire new trilogy.
if this theory is true, so much for last jedi being different

three star wars films is like 600 million dollars, disney ain't gonna gamble that kind of dough for a director who's making something avant-garde and not safe.  and no i'm not expecting a Star Wars Art Film, but i have been hoping for a star wars movie that delivers on the same freshness that the originally trilogy debuted with back in the 70's

Oh great. Now there is going to be another Block Wars trilogy

are you all alright? director's can create whatever they want, they want to be creative and initiative. If they can't produce their ideas to the big screen then what's the point in being a director or writer? sure he'll make money off it but if you look at it in the long run what if he creates a masterpiece of a film? you won't be complaining then will you

star wars without the skywalkers is like a car without an ignition
I can somewhat understand this point, imagine if they made a Back to the future film without Marty and Dr. Brown or a spin off of Rick and Morty without them. But star wars episode 7 introduced us to Finn and Rey, it worked didn't it? Luke wasn't even in the film until the end and Han Solo gets killed. It's still a really good film

are you all alright? director's can create whatever they want, they want to be creative and initiative.
Idk if you're talking to me but I never said I was mad, I'm excited more than anything.

But star wars episode 7 introduced us to Finn and Rey, it worked didn't it?

yes but
1. ep 7 wasn't even that good of a movie
2. they weren't completely separate from everything else in the story. one of the biggest points in the movie is them trying to find luke. they're still connected to the central story unlike "new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."