1 (1.8%)
Meh
1 (1.8%)
Naw
6 (10.5%)
Hell no
34 (59.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Just found a Hard Drive buried in my backyard  (Read 8369 times)

so can we have a picture of the sticker on the drive? it will give us an idea of what the connector is

if it's PATA/IDE it's a 50/50 shot as to whether or not its even capable of containing cp, can't tell for certain if we don't even know the capacity

I worry there would have been fluid carrying particulates in, likely containing metals and ions that could damage the drive.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:07:51 PM by SWAT One »

so can we have a picture of the sticker on the drive? it will give us an idea of what the connector is

if it's PATA/IDE it's a 50/50 shot as to whether or not its even capable of containing cp, can't tell for certain if we don't even know the capacity
hey moron, why not a photo of the connectors? I bet you can't see stuff in that label covered in mud.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:58:58 PM by Badspot »

You can't really see the conector's pinout from those photos but I'm starting to think it's SCSi instead of PATA

Got a picture right now actually

no way the data stayed intact

as soon as the seal is broken on the case(by the looks of it there case is open) so the rust may have gotten inside

if it will basically destroy itself if the plates start spinning at all

don't try to clean the inside because that may also destroy the data

EDIT: Looks like its an ATA/IDE drive wtf thats old
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:05:40 PM by Aide33 »

hmm what're the chances that OP won't come back here ?????
Oh i came back alright.

Also an update when i checked on the drive, the plant seemed to have died.

:'(

;((((((((((((((((

no way the data stayed intact

as soon as the seal is broken on the case(by the looks of it there case is open) so the rust may have gotten inside

if it will basically destroy itself if the plates start spinning at all

don't try to clean the inside because that may also destroy the data

EDIT: Looks like its an ATA/IDE drive wtf thats old
Nah, IDE isn't that old.