Magic: the Gathering
1 (25%)
Yu-Gi-Oh!
0 (0%)
Pokemon Trading Card Game
1 (25%)
Hearthstone
1 (25%)
some other gay ass stuff that im not gonna waste my goddamn time researching and writing down because im a loving dumbass
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Trading/Collectible Card Game Discussion Thread  (Read 365 times)

i've been re-introduced to the world of card games and i'd like to discuss them with other people who are also interested in cardboard

i started played magic: the gathering in my freshman year of high school after i saw some band mates and various other kids playing it during lunch. magic was a fad that quickly took over our school. they introduced me to the card game and i was hooked. i went on to amazon or ebay or something and bought a toolkit of m15, never realized how limited the cards i procured were, and proceeded to get slammed the forget out by my friends after building the world's stufftiest deck. i eventually lost interest in the game because of my lack of money, lack of good cards, lack of deckbuilding knowledge, mechanics, and synergies, and lack of time. i only recently was re-acquainted with the game once i discovered that my loving graphic design teacher plays the goddamn game and had 4 decks at his desk.

at that moment, i had regretted giving all of my cards away to friends in my freshman year because i had no remnants of anything mtg in my possession. a week or two ago, after becoming crazed with magic lust, i went online and bought an ixalan toolkit, ixalan bundle, and a merfolk v goblins duel decks set. i'm going to go to my first friday night magic this friday. also realizing that i wanted to start making and keeping memories, i now keep every empty booster package in a box to remind me how much i've spent on cardboard and ink.

i have also been introduced to yu-gi-oh. my two friends that sit beside my at my lunch table had been playing the mobile game "yu-gi-oh duel links." i had remembered watching some of the anime on 4kids on saturday mornings when i was much younger but not much else. after watching them play for a good bit of time, i'd downloaded the app and became addicted to it. i'm becoming increasingly interested in playing physical yu-gi-oh but i'm pretty sure that duel links is an extremely watered down version of the real game and i have no idea where to start with regards to the actual rules and what cards to get or even how to build a yu-gi-oh deck. some help would be greatly appreciated.

on this card game kick, i had also downloaded hearthstone and am currently learning how to play it by putting myself into casual matches and loving around with cards.

edit: also i'm a handicap did i have to choose "create a poll" to allow multiple choice and am i forgeted or can i do something to allow multiple choice? i haven't used the forum a bit nor made a topic and am a bit confused.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:19:52 AM by Daswiruch »