how do you feel about (legal) hunting?

i support it
28 (68.3%)
not sure (neutral)
11 (26.8%)
i don't support it
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: how do you feel about (legal) hunting?  (Read 2332 times)

personally, i'm all for hunting for food, not for trophy. in ohio, the deer population is so out of hand you can see groups of them in people's yard in daytime. hunting deer here is a good population control method and a good source of food for families.

Hunting allows hillbillies and other American types to forget things that aren't their cousins, so I believe it's a necessary part of the culture.

Hunting allows hillbillies and other American types to forget things that aren't their cousins, so I believe it's a necessary part of the culture.

smh foreigners know more about american culture than i do

lets be honest, most hunting isnt for food - few people are true survivalists these days. that said, any hunter who doesnt eat their kills (assuming its reasonably edible) is wasting a good opportunity to taste something that isnt available for purchase much. i know i would, even though it would be a hurdle to blood, gut, skin, and clean the body since im not used to handling dead things.

i personally dont care if you eat your kill or not - either way the stuff gets reintroduced into the ecosystem, assuming you dont toss it in a landfill. trophy hunting imo is fine as long as its regulated, aka legal.

lets be honest, most hunting isnt for food - few people are true survivalists these days. that said, any hunter who doesnt eat their kills (assuming its reasonably edible) is wasting a good opportunity to taste something that isnt available for purchase much. i know i would, even though it would be a hurdle to blood, gut, skin, and clean the body since im not used to handling dead things.

i personally dont care if you eat your kill or not - either way the stuff gets reintroduced into the ecosystem, assuming you dont toss it in a landfill. trophy hunting imo is fine as long as its regulated, aka legal.

alright bitch listen up just because i put a big ass hole in a deer doesn't mean i put my weiner in it

that's for further up north
lets be honest, most hunting isnt for food - few people are true survivalists these days. that said, any hunter who doesnt eat their kills (assuming its reasonably edible) is wasting a good opportunity to taste something that isnt available for purchase much.
meat is wicked expensive so getting a good sized deer can actually save you some money. i know last year me and my pops got 3 pretty decent ones and the meat's lasted over a year now, about a pound and a half of beef here is $6~ so having more than a hundred lbs of venison is worth the $40-ish each from licenses

it is mostly for the sport and fun of it, though. we don't need to hunt but it's something we do every year and it makes some pretty nifty stories of the animals doing dumb stuff or the wicked shots you manage to pull off

Honestly, it's necessary. Animals can always reproduce, and we have to kill in order to survive, right?

Hunting is a natural part of how life works, and is often required to help curb exploding populations of certain animals like deer. To say that hunting should be banned unequivocally is to say that we should be rid of a natural way to solve certain environmental problems.

i saw a post on facebook about how some guy killed a deer and was mauled by a bear when he tried to retrieve it. people in the comments were glad the guy died and "you reap what you sew" stuff.

i saw a post on facebook about how some guy killed a deer and was mauled by a bear when he tried to retrieve it. people in the comments were glad the guy died and "you reap what you sew" stuff.
PETArds strike again... -___-

I prefer hunting humans 4 sport

ah so is the deer picture you posted in the cursed image thread you

your a human too
so you know what to do right
ah so is the deer picture you posted in the cursed image thread you
i would mow that deer down with a shotgun 10 times even if its dead  and throw it in the puddle at the nearest sewer pipe emmiting toxic material

personally, i'm all for hunting for food, not for trophy. in ohio, the deer population is so out of hand you can see groups of them in people's yard in daytime. hunting deer here is a good population control method and a good source of food for families.
I agree with this, and can confirm also. I have some deer meat in my fridge right now actually