what's a good, affordable DAW?

Author Topic: what's a good, affordable DAW?  (Read 1751 times)

Everyone
lmao what
7-Zip beats WinRAR in both speed and compression ratio.

Having looked at LMMS, the entire focus seems to be on beat making, synthesis, and MIDI. OP is asking for an entirely different purpose. REAPER will cover everything he needs.
Having used LMMS for years, you're wrong. It's a fully featured DAW. The only contexts in which MIDI is relevant to it, is when importing note patterns from MIDI or using MIDI devices.
Actually, I'm pretty sure you just got that info from the first few groups of words you saw on the website.

Everyone has different software preferences, but you should at least look at other programs before deciding one is worth money.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:56:56 PM by /dev/sr0 »

I watched the video they provided along with other videos people made on YouTube. It’s like using FL Studio for making a rock album, no one loving does that.

I watched the video they provided along with other videos people made on YouTube. It’s like using FL Studio for making a rock album, no one loving does that.
I'm not trying to present a superior piece of software here.
I'm trying to present something else that might get the job done without money.
But whatever, OP can do what he wants.

And you don't have to spend money on REAPER. Each DAW has its own strengths and weaknesses and focuses. For what Hill wants to do, there's nothing better to look at than REAPER.

don't use reaper or LMMS, use vidme.com! safe, affordable, and most of all they dont steal your profits

7-Zip beats WinRAR in both speed and compression ratio.

That's not true at all. RAR5 has won against 7zip with compression ratios in multiple benchmarks. The 7zip user interface is also buggy and crashes all the time. I still prefer 7zip because it simply supports more formats.

That's not true at all. RAR5 has won against 7zip with compression ratios in multiple benchmarks.
That's news to me. Then again, I haven't been paying attention to these programs at all. Fair enough.

The 7zip user interface is also buggy and crashes all the time.
I've never experienced this myself, but I don't usually mess with large archives unless I'm on my work machine, which runs Linux, so I basically never see 7-Zip's Windows UI.

But whatever, OP can do what he wants.

https://youtu.be/SuDqNLgVHv8

Of the many and multiple producer communities I'm part of, there is exactly one guy I would even consider decent who uses LMMS. I've tried the DAW myself and I found it convoluted and extremely lacking in basic features, and is (as described to me by people who actually use it) as more of a DAW for developers and Linux users

Would definitely recommend REAPER over LMMS if you plan on doing more than leveling audio
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:21:30 PM by Couatl »

7zip is trash because I use WinRAR.