[Vehicle] Helicopter Gunship (attack helicopter)

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Helicopter Gunship (attack helicopter)  (Read 13023 times)

Helicopter Gunship

Assembled by the finest Ancapistani child slaves, battle-tested extensively on defenseless civilians, the Helicopter Gunship is the ultimate solution for self-defense (and somalian pirates)

Flight Features:
- Altitude Control: Press your Cancel Brick button to activate altitude control, a system that will attempt to keep your helicopter at a desired altitude which can be adjusted with the shift brick keys
- Stabilizer: Press your brick place key to activate the stabilizer, which will attempt to keep the aircraft still, making it easier to land accurate shots
- Ascending/Descending: Hold jump key to ascend or descend. Press your Light key to switch between ascending mode and descending mode

Armaments:
- 2x Auto-guns
High damage, some splash damage, rapid fire cannons designed for ground targets. Individually heat up over time. If they overheat you will have to wait for them to cool down entirely before firing again. Moderate recoil.

- 2x Missile pods
Extremely deadly explosive ordinance launcher. Each pod is loaded with 4 rounds, after that you will have to wait 10 seconds (or more if damaged) before firing again.

- 1x Chain-gun turret
Rapid-fire minigun. Can be hard to aim, so a laser module will activate when firing for the gunner's convenience. Will heat up over time and takes a while to cool down, so make sure you don't overheat it. As the gun begins to heat up, you will visually see it glow red.

- 1x Long range cannon
Similar to the missile pods, however you only get 4 rounds, and rounds are also incredibly fast, often arriving at their destination instantly. This makes the weapon extremely dangerous, able to accurately destroy targets at a high altitude out of range of conventional enemy weapons (just like a real gunship!)

The two latter guns are controlled by a second occupant in the gunner's seat. You can change seats with the next seat button, and you can switch weapons with the previous seat button. No friends? No worries. Just slap that stabilizer on and you can use it yourself.

Heads Up Display and Module Damage:

The helicopter itself is extremely durable, low-damage weapons will do negligible damage to the hull. No more getting shot down by a single magazine of lousy assault rifle ammo. (Warranty void if shot with tank round)

The helicopter does have weak points however: By targeting the weapons, you can damage them, and by targeting the engines (white smoke emitters) you can potentially knock the aircraft out of the sky. Here's how the HUD works:

Optimal condition:

High Damage: (grey = low damage, yellow = medium damage, red = badly damaged)

Destroyed:

You will not be able to fire destroyed weapons. Highly damaged weapons will be harder to use, I.E. they will be less accurate, they will heat up faster, and take longer to reload. If one of your engines is knocked out, you will no longer be able to use altitude control and stabilizer functions, and it will be significantly more difficult to remain in the air. If both your engines go out, you're pretty much forgeted, your hull will tank and you'll fall out of the sky.

Pilot's HUD:

From left to right:
Altitude control indicator (green when active), stabilizer indicator (yellow when active), engine failure warning (red when 1 or more engines are offline), ascending/descending mode indicator (blue = up, purple = down), hull integrity, and altitude. When the altitude control system is active, a second number will appear next to the altitude reading, telling you what your altitude maintenance height is currently set to.

Other cool features:
- Cool sound effects, one for when you're close to the helicopter, and one for when you're far away (distant sound can be heard at a very long range)
- Probably some other stuff I forgot

Prefs for nerds:

$Pref::HelicopterGunshipLoopDelay - Adds a delay to the loops associated with the helicopter. Increase this if it's lagging your server. Default 0
$Pref::HelicopterGunshipAscendingPow er - The multiplier for the power for which the helicopter can rise/descend. If you've increased the previous pref you should probably increase this. Default 1.
$Pref::HelicopterGunshipHeatEnabled - disable/enable autogun and minigun heating
$Pref::HelicopterGunshipDamageEnable d - disable/enable hardpoint damages
$Pref::HelicopterGunshipAmmoEnabled - disable/enable missile pod/cannon ammo

Thanks to:
- Conan and the other lads over at Blockland Content Creators for helping me with issues
- My gf for helping me test
- Bushido for a reason I forgot

Download:
https://leopard.hosting/dl/pcawj/Vehicle_HelicopterGunship.zip

Let me know if you find any bugs. The add-on has been extensively tested but Torque has it's nuances so if you find any ways to potentially optimize my stuffty code let me know

Disclaimer
Packages a lot of functions, includes a lot of datablocks. Don't download this if you don't intend to use it I guess.

I strongly recommend Script_ObstructRadiusDamage
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:43:25 PM by Rally »

t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dawn of new vehicles has begun

might add this to dogfight cause its cool

Another great example of why Rally is the best person on this forum

HOLY stuff THIS IS AMAZING
pls make more helicopters or planes and an armoured tank or smth pls!!

My gender is an attack helicopter so this represents me well thanku

HOLY stuff THIS IS AMAZING
pls make more helicopters or planes and an armoured tank or smth pls!!

uhhhhh what about a boneless technical (no promises still a ways off)

rally hidden op modder