Author Topic: Your add-on request sucks because  (Read 2361 times)

I'm sick and tired of the handicapped complaints made in almost every request these days, stuff like "If this is made into an add-on I will slit myself" and "Jesus tittyfu[size=0pt].[/size]cking christ be damned straight to hell holy fu[size=0pt].[/size]ck no. I will not have this add-on stain my beautiful blockland :'( "

The fact of the matter is that, like so many other add-on requests, if it is made into a real add-on then you do not absolutely positively NEED to download it if you hate it for whatever reason. If it's included in a patch then oh dear lord, you'll actually have to do something going so far as unchecking some box in Options, holy sh[size=0pt].[/size]it I'm sure many of you wouldn't even imagine how much work that would be.

This is tied to allot of requests, especially from other games (halo, mario, more halo) which are rigorously flamed out of existence the minute they come into life. Again, if such add-ons are made by these requests, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THEM. They do not need to go into your stuffty add-ons folder, they do not need to slowly defecate your precious blockland because you do not need to loving download them if you don't like them.

"But, our pretty add-ons board will be full of halo/mario/naruto/stuff-I-personally-don't-like!"
I know ignoring some topics can be very difficult for some and even cause epilepsy in others. I feel your pain man, really I do! A ninja  add-on topic gave me hepatitis B, true story.

Of course, the other types of responses are appreciable, such as the occasional "This would be difficult to make" or "Positive generic request comment", or even the "Not possible without engine changes" comment if you want to feel smart until someone comes in and says otherwise. Those are more then welcome, but the needless flaming is something everyone could do without I'm sure.

I don't mind add-ons but some of the requests for them are reticules and/or just bad ideas.

I don't mind add-ons but some of the requests for them are reticules and/or just bad ideas.
True, some of the newbie requests are usually extremely demanding, but the bad idea part could easily go back to personal opinion or it could go back to the probability that the idea is universally accepted as bad.

Good God this is the best thread I've read in a while.
I concur.

Mostly its just halo thats flamed because people dont want to see 35 "HALO CHEEIFZ" servers with people with all halo names with master cheif avatars fighting and complaining about "haxxors nubs".
I concur, however, that some of these people are seriously over-reacting on the "BLOCKLAND IS NOT gamehere" subject.

tl;dr version pls :(

PFFFT... Lazy...

tl;dr: Stop posting handicapped, negative comments on the suggestions/request board. You don't have to download an add-on if it's made.

I concur.

:cookieMonster:

IF a Halo mod is made, and a swarm of OMFG RVB" servers come up, you get your ass I'm dressing like a pirate then going to go kick some ass. :D

Indeed, many suggestions are stuff.  What we need is something origional.  But I can't think of one.

PFFFT... Lazy...

tl;dr: Stop posting handicapped, negative comments on the suggestions/request board. You don't have to download an add-on if it's made.

I concur.

wub <3

Tom

I concur.

But how come you hate it when people want to make something Halo you flame them but when people make portal mods you praise them.

Wow, I knew that not everyone was a handicap, but I didn't expect this.
If there was some sort of rating or rep system, I'm sure I would give you the best positivity I could.
You think just like me on this type of thing. I always tell people, "You don't have to click the topic.", well used to anyways, till I learned that they can't learn.

I concur.
Mostly its just halo thats flamed because people dont want to see 35 "HALO CHEEIFZ" servers with people with all halo names with master cheif avatars fighting and complaining about "haxxors nubs".
I concur, however, that some of these people are seriously over-reacting on the "BLOCKLAND IS NOT gamehere" subject.

PFFFT... Lazy...

I concur.

I concur!

I concur.

But how come you hate it when people want to make something Halo you flame them but when people make portal mods you praise them.
It's not the suggestion, it's more of the person making the suggestion.

And Portal>Halo.
And so is Marathon.

you do not absolutely positively NEED to download it
This is the thing. An add-on that is like that will spread like wildfire. There will be very few servers that will run without said add-on. I do not see this as the problem but what happens is you have the guys who are actually experianced at this sort of thing avoiding the suggestion leaving some noob to make it and package it in such a way that every single server will somehow have a variation of add-ons/blockland/addons/shapes/data/SolarMods/blockland/add-ons/addall/add-ons/shapes/thatgunfromhalo.dts