Any Person who's been In The Navy/Military? Family Members?

Author Topic: Any Person who's been In The Navy/Military? Family Members?  (Read 3001 times)

I'm serving in the military currently, and based on the reactions of my family, it sucks but also just like others have said, you kinda just get used to it.

it sucks but also just like others have said, you kinda just get used to it.

In Finland, the army goes to you

tfw subconscious fear of talvisota 2 electric boogaloo

write him letters
just dont make them sappy
I'm serving in the military currently, and based on the reactions of my family, it sucks but also just like others have said, you kinda just get used to it.
whats your mos?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:51:09 AM by Frankie² »

its easy to find people who serve(ed). just enter a room and wait quietly. they WILL mention it themselves soon enough. that is unless the vegans start in first.

my mom, my dad, three uncles, two aunts, three grandfathers, one grandma, three cousins, and probably me in due time
most are air force but there's a handful of army and navy scattered there

i suggest you write to your brother and call your dad when you can. navy gets pretty tough about that tho
where are you stationed at man
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:21:27 AM by Drydess »

I'm in the army right now, stationed in Germany.

I can't tell you much about the navy, but I can tell you that once you're out of training the army is pretty darn great. And I expect the other branches to be the same way.
On the familial side, it seems like my fam is handling it pretty well. As far as I could tell from when I visited them on leave the only person who missed me was my cat.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:33:47 AM by Taciturn »

my family is highly dysfunctional and i'm the outcast, so ever since my little bro left for the army i sometimes forget i even have a brother. apparently him and my parents write letters back and forth. don't think either of my sisters care a whole lot more than i do

he's visiting my parents' house for thanksgiving i think tomorrow but i leave to go on vacation up north with 4 friends on the 23rd to celebrate the holiday. i am a terrible sibling and son

Oh ye my great grandpa was a tank engineer/operator in WWII

my dad was in the navy and my grandfather was in wwii

I'm in the army right now, stationed in Germany.

I can't tell you much about the navy, but I can tell you that once you're out of training the army is pretty darn great. And I expect the other branches to be the same way.
On the familial side, it seems like my fam is handling it pretty well. As far as I could tell from when I visited them on leave the only person who missed me was my cat.
That's nice, I think I'll get over it soon, how many times are people in the military able to have a leave?

i'm pretty sure my great grandpa got a purple heart in wwii