What are the fastest graphic settings for BL?

Author Topic: What are the fastest graphic settings for BL?  (Read 984 times)

/Title

I have pretty much everything on their lowest settings (outside of resolution) but I still want to get the best performance out of BL (not looks, I don't have the computer to handle that right now).

Do any of you know the fastest setting sin BL? Specifically in the "Advanced" tab of Blocklands menus.

Set all sliders under the "Advanced Graphics Options" category to 0, along with unticking all checkboxes in said category (FOV doesn't matter)

Lastly, in the "Particle Options" category, set 'Max Falloff' to 10.00 and 'Falloff Distance' to 5.00

I'm pretty sure that's all you can do via the Advanced Options tab to speed up the game

Also, if you really want to squeeze the FPS from Blockland, you should just set the resolution to the lowest it can go
You'll probably have a hard time playing, but I'm assuming that you either are playing on a potato, or are not going to actually play this Blockland instance
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:29:27 AM by RTBARCHIVE »

setting your resolution to a small one is the best way to eke out more performance. you’ll probably have to play windowed though cause it would be too blurry fullscreen

Set all sliders under the "Advanced Graphics Options" category to 0, along with unticking all checkboxes in said category (FOV doesn't matter)

Lastly, in the "Particle Options" category, set 'Max Falloff' to 10.00 and 'Falloff Distance' to 5.00

I'm pretty sure that's all you can do via the Advanced Options tab to speed up the game

Also, if you really want to squeeze the FPS from Blockland, you should just set the resolution to the lowest it can go
You'll probably have a hard time playing, but I'm assuming that you either are playing on a potato, or are not going to actually play this Blockland instance

setting your resolution to a small one is the best way to eke out more performance. you’ll probably have to play windowed though cause it would be too blurry fullscreen

1: I'd like to apologize for not getting back to either of you sooner. I completely forgot about the thread and only just saw it when I was checking my posts (I hardly make threads, so it's easy for me to forget when I do make one).

(1.5): To address the resolution comments: I've done that before. I'm not horrible at playing on 800 x 600 (I think that's what it is) but I do prefer playing on 1020 x whatever it is. I am currently playing in a windowed mode though.

2: Yes, I am playing on what is basically a potato.

3: Thanks for the advice RTB Archive. That should help greatly.

4 (In reply to Conan): Resolution is definitely the best way to squeeze out more performance. I'm just getting slightly tired of playing in the 800 x 600 setting and am hoping to squeeze some more FPS whilst playing on 1020 x something.