[PSA] Font Exploit

Author Topic: [PSA] Font Exploit  (Read 7395 times)

Holy stuff
Is it possible for this to happen without someone doing it?
I'm having trouble trying to discern what you mean by this. Is it possible for what to happen? The file spam? Is it possible for your folder to be spammed without someone spamming it?

I still think that this is happening unintentionally. I don't see why someone would purposely spam in one of the most obscure and hard to notice ways.

I still think that this is happening unintentionally. I don't see why someone would purposely spam in one of the most obscure and hard to notice ways.

How could that ever happen unintentionally?

could be a code error, probably something that uses eval and forgeted up on a string delimiter. how are they ordered? size? Name? Date?

could be a code error, probably something that uses eval and forgeted up on a string delimiter. how are they ordered? size? Name? Date?
Even assuming the 0.001% chance that this is a "code error," it's still an exploit that can be used maliciously on any player.

Oh yea of course. Also, coding errors like this can be frequent as forget. If I was printing an object name to the bottom print I could easily forget up and type "<font:" @ %object @ ":79>" or some stuff, especially if I'm tired. What you showed could easily be produced by human error

Regardless it's still an exploit of sorts

Oh yea of course. Also, coding errors like this can be frequent as forget. If I was printing an object name to the bottom print I could easily forget up and type "<font:" @ %object @ ":79>" or some stuff, especially if I'm tired. What you showed could easily be produced by human error

If they somehow forgeted up and displayed a tagged string or an object as a number, it would be the same number every time. Not 3 thousand different numbers. The font size was also 79pt, which no reasonable person would ever need to use.

Could easily be projectiles, which usually are created in Ids with 50 between. Plus why use a for loop of 20 plus add a random number between 30 and 50 when you can just use getrandomseed();? Those numbers have object Id written all over them

very very few people use a variable to make a custom font usually you want the font to be the same

Could easily be projectiles, which usually are created in Ids with 50 between. Plus why use a for loop of 20 plus add a random number between 30 and 50 when you can just use getrandomseed();? Those numbers have object Id written all over them
yes it could be a coding error but what you just suggested wouldnt make any sense. under what circumstances would people 1) use a variable to define a font and 2) somehow accidentally linking it up to an incrementing number loop?

it would take an incredibly contrived situation to think of something that fulfills both requirements, and by occams razor its far far more likely someone was intentionally doing this to spam files.

Yeah but if they were doing this on purpose, why not use getrandomseed?

Also wouldn't it spam the exploiter just as much as the exploitees??

Yeah but if they were doing this on purpose, why not use getrandomseed?
Why didn't they use something that would get the same result? What's it matter?
Also wouldn't it spam the exploiter just as much as the exploitees??
Are you trolling at this point? TorqueScript lets you send messages to individual clients. The way you're trying so hard to defend this is a little suspicious.