Trenchfight! (New Poll!)

Poll

e

e
e

Author Topic: Trenchfight! (New Poll!)  (Read 4934 times)

Trenchfight is a project that I'm currently working on.  It is set during World War 1, around 1916 - 1917.  The end goal of this project is to make a battlefield that really seems like it's a battlefield, I'm accomplishing this by using events to mimic shelling and global music bricks to have constant ambient noises from explosions to gunshots.  I plan to host this as a combat-oriented roleplay with a few simple rules:

1. You are a human, act like it. [You will naturally fear for your life, being in the middle of no man's land is terrifying]
2. No love on the battlefield. [Simply put, do not make peace with the enemy.]
3. You cannot be a female soldier. [Unless of course you want to be trapped in a room manufacturing shells for hours on end, on your own.]

This is mostly a collaborative project, people can hop on and build whatever to assist me with making this possible.  I host this under the name "dev stuff," so if you see that on serverlist, feel free to hop on and help out.

Here are a few screenshots of what I currently have, I'll add more as progress is made;

Sorry for no pretty shaders. :(

To-do List:
  • Finish terrain and trenches. (~1% done)
  • Add detail to the terrain and trenches. (>1% done)
  • Add in proper towns and cities.*
  • Add in a proper atmosphere. (~78% done)
  • Add body armor and helmets for defense/customization. (~2% done)*
  • Add in weapons from the time period. (7% done)*
  • Add in cigarettes and alcohol for cosmetic or minor buff purposes. (0% done)*

Discord link for following progress of development, n stuffs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:35:22 AM by AverageDude »

world war 1 was one of the most prosperous times in human history and there were thousands of troops with friends on the battlefield

Ah yes don't you love role playing the worst 5 years in all recent human history. if ya wanna get historically accurate, you might as well force people to pretend like they have yellow fever

i think the concept is really cool! I wanna see it as a TDM

i think the concept is really cool! I wanna see it as a TDM
This is mainly what it's going to be.  The only reason I wanted to add in a roleplay aspect is simply just to simulate the constant death of soldiers.

The major problem with realism in video games is that realism isn't fun while video games are. if you're going for theme then sure realism in theme is okay, but if it controls the extent of your gameplay (i.e. guns kill in 1 hit) then you ruin the tdm with mundane and broken mechanics under the guise of 'realism'

just keep this in mind while making your server

Ah yes don't you love role playing the worst 5 years in all recent human history. if ya wanna get historically accurate, you might as well force people to pretend like they have yellow fever
too soon huh

The major problem with realism in video games is that realism isn't fun while video games are. if you're going for theme then sure realism in theme is okay, but if it controls the extent of your gameplay (i.e. guns kill in 1 hit) then you ruin the tdm with mundane and broken mechanics under the guise of 'realism'

just keep this in mind while making your server
To be clear; I want the environment to seem real.  I want it to seem like this is all taking place in the middle of a war.
As for everything else regarding the gameplay, I'm definitely going to balance everything I can.

good. atmosphere is a feature rarely worked on in most servers

i was afk for like 15 minutes

jesus christ
talk about mining the trenches

Added a poll.

I'm gonna figure out what I need weapon-wise, if anyone wants to help me there.

Update: We have a playertype that has a realistic jumping height now.  Next poll is gonna be about how we should work with the weapons. (I.e limitted ammo or infinite ammo)

As for the current poll, I’ll leave it open for like 3 more days, and from that I’ll decide what to add in.  (At the time of writing this, doesn’t look like we’ll have any handguns.”

army man playertype or riot