Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver

Author Topic: Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver  (Read 15935 times)

you can meme all you want but really there's no reason to lash out at his argument just because the user is "handicapped"

just saying my man

there's no reason to pull up fallacies someone used unless you're trying to sound smart on the internet

he reached behind his back, which i assume since he was unarmed and compliant he was trying to do this
people are saying he was trying to pull up his shorts
but unfortunately that also looks like you're reaching for a concealed weapon. he was told not to put his hands around the small of his back and he did so anyways.
it's unfortunate that this happened to a man who didn't want to hurt officers but it's very clear that the shooting wasn't just because he wanted to rid the earth of a rando civilian

there's no reason to pull up fallacies someone used unless you're trying to sound smart on the internet
there's no reason to be a constant cunt too but you seem to do that just fine

and here's where you respond with the typical "ouch" "good one fellow redditor" "dont bully me" bullstuff

he reached behind his back, which i assume since he was unarmed and compliant he was trying to do thisbut unfortunately that also looks like you're reaching for a concealed weapon. he was told not to put his hands around the small of his back and he did so anyways.
it's unfortunate that this happened to a man who didn't want to hurt officers but it's very clear that the shooting wasn't just because he wanted to rid the earth of a rando civilian
He seemed pretty into the whole "DO WHAT I SAY OR I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU!!!!!" and filling the guy with terror and anxiety
plus they didn't just cuff them while they were on the ground?

he reached behind his back, which i assume since he was unarmed and compliant he was trying to do thisbut unfortunately that also looks like you're reaching for a concealed weapon. he was told not to put his hands around the small of his back and he did so anyways.
i agree but it's also very clear the dude was in major distress. the whole situation is just tragic. why didnt the officers just approach ready to fire, place a knee on the neck/back and cuff him then and there? that's what I hear of all the time

I'm assuming the reason they were richarding around trying to get them to crawl over in the first place is because they were afraid someone could have been around either of the corners down the hall waiting to shoot them while they were distracted, but it's very obvious none of the cops involved received any real, formal training on how to deal with a situation like this. This is a bunch of beat cops trying to pretend they're SWAT, and the result is what you'd expect when you send a bunch of untrained people into a situation like this.

i'm not trying to sound smart man, i'm saying what it exactly is, because you have nothing else to say rather than just poke the guy and undermine whatever say he has on this topic because he's simply "handicapped"

but whatever floats your boat really.

It sounds like a drunk guy who was unfortunately unable to comply with instructions during a tense and confusing moment, but that's just based on the text in the OP. I hope there is body camera footage, and there should definitely be some sort of investigation considering that this guy was shot dead unarmed.

It sounds like a drunk guy who was unfortunately unable to comply with instructions during a tense and confusing moment, but that's just based on the text in the OP. I hope there is body camera footage, and there should definitely be some sort of investigation considering that this guy was shot dead unarmed.
read first page and the link in the op has body cam footage

Officer was acquitted as well

i agree but it's also very clear the dude was in major distress. the whole situation is just tragic. why didnt the officers just approach ready to fire, place a knee on the neck/back and cuff him then and there? that's what I hear of all the time
honestly i have no clue. maybe they were waiting for backup because they were expecting more people to be where they just came from. its obviously hard to speculate on stuff like this since nobody here was at the scene, but that's my guess.

He seemed pretty into the whole "DO WHAT I SAY OR I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU!!!!!" and filling the guy with terror and anxiety
plus they didn't just cuff them while they were on the ground?
correct me if i read wrong but iirc op said shaver was loving around with a gun, and that'd put anyone on edge if they knew they could get shot at any point of the arrest. it's a possibility that the officer may be mentally unstable but nobody knows
I'm assuming the reason they were richarding around trying to get them to crawl over in the first place is because they were afraid someone could have been around either of the corners down the hall waiting to shoot them while they were distracted, but it's very obvious none of the cops involved received any real, formal training on how to deal with a situation like this. This is a bunch of beat cops trying to pretend they're SWAT, and the result is what you'd expect when you send a bunch of untrained people into a situation like this.
yeah i feel if swat were deployed this would've gone down a lot better

read first page and the link in the op has body cam footage
Sorry, that was my bad. I just watched it. The guy was clearly adjusting his pants, but that motion is kinda indistinguishable for reaching for a gun in the waistband.

My reaction to this would be completely different if the guy hadn't been pointing a pellet gun out of the window. The cops had strong reason to believe that this guy would be armed.

and here's where you respond with the typical "ouch" "good one fellow redditor" "dont bully me" bullstuff

i mean if you insist

Poor guy. You can tell he wasn't trying to do anything malicious.

What were the police on him for anyway?

idk how big this town is, but generally swat in smaller towns is just normal police officers with more training. idk how it works in larger districts